Washington, D.C., October 10, 2023 – Students For Liberty, the largest global pro-liberty student organization, is announcing two new speakers for their flagship event, LibertyCon International 2024. The event will take place at the prestigious Grand Hyatt in Washington, D.C., from February 2-4, 2024 and is expected to be one of the premier liberty events of the year.
Making his debut at LibertyCon is author and activist Connor Boyack. A public speaker and author of 40 books which have sold nearly 5 million copies, Connor is best known for The Tuttle Twins children’s book series, which introduces young readers to the ideas of a free society. Connor is also the founder and president of Libertas Institute, an award-winning free-market think tank. His leadership has resulted in significant legislative changes, with over 100 laws transformed across a wide range of issues, including privacy, government transparency, property rights, drug policy, education, and personal freedom, among others. His impactful work has earned him recognition as one of Utah’s most politically influential individuals, as acknowledged by The Salt Lake Tribune. He lives near Salt Lake City, Utah, with his wife and two children.
Also making an extraordinary debut at any convention is Jaiden Rodriguez, a 12-year-old student at The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs who found himself at the center of a freedom of speech controversy earlier this year. He was allegedly removed from class over a Gadsden flag patch on his backpack, but his resilience and defense of his right to express himself in a school environment garnered significant attention and sparked a debate on freedom of speech in education.
His story made headlines after Connor Boyack helped spread the message on social media, amplifying the message and shedding light on this important case. Reason magazine covered the initial story as well as the aftermath on their website. Those following this compelling story can look forward to Connor introducing Jaiden to the LibertyCon 2024 audience at some point during the weekend.
The LibertyCon 2024 lineup also includes these previously announced presenters:
- Whole Foods co-founder and former CEO John Mackey
- Professor at University of Illinois in Chicago and author Deirdre McCloskey
- Former US Congressman Justin Amash
- Former US Congressman and radio host Joe Walsh
- 2020 Libertarian candidate for Vice President and founder of You Are The Power Spike Cohen
- Political commentator and debater Destiny
- Bitcoin enthusiast and podcaster Stephan Livera
- Host of the “What is Money?” show Robert Breedlove
- Economics Professor Antony Davies
- Research fellow at the Heritage Foundation and Mises Institute Peter St. Onge
- Founder of Libertarianism.org and author Aaron Ross Powell
- Sports broadcaster and activist Emily Austin
- Streamer and podcast host Dylan Burns
- Businessman and investor Rick Rule
- Professor of economics at George Mason University Bryan Caplan
LibertyCon International 2024 will take place at the prestigious Grand Hyatt in Washington, D.C., from February 2-4, 2024. Registration is open now at LibertyCon.com.
To schedule an interview with Students For Liberty CEO Dr. Wolf von Laer about the conference and presentations at LibertyCon, please contact Brian Lambrecht directly at 708-420-8324 or [email protected]
Media passes are available to any journalists and media outlets upon request.
Brian S. Lambrecht
Students For Liberty