In an attempt to better share our current activities with our network, SFL is beginning an SFL Around the World blog post series. At the beginning of each month, each region will post an update to their regional blog page to share their current activities. Please stay tuned for more updates next month!
Here’s a round-up of each region’s achievements in December. Check out how SFL ended 2015 around the world!
- Africa: With winter break for college students and most returning home, ASFL did not host many events in December. Students spent the month planning events for the spring semester, so stay tuned to see what they’re able to put together!
- Australia & New Zealand: In early December, SFL hosted it’s first ever New Zealand conference, NZ LibertyFest. The conference brought about 50 attendees and was largely a success. Congratulations SFL-NZ!
- Charter Teams: Students in Hong Kong also hosted their first ever conference this month, the Liberal Youth Seminar. CT now has 9 trained leaders from Haiti, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines plus 12 others in training from South Korea, Vietnam, and Singapore.
- Es Libertad: This month, Es Lib hosted an LC retreat and conference in Peru. The conference brought 125 attendees for two days. EsLib Bolivia also hosted a speaking event for 500 people this month as part of their end-of-the-year activities.
- EPL: In December, EPL opened applications for it’s LC program and received over 1,200 applications, a 70% increase from last term. EPL also hosted it’s Sports Club as an informal way to promote liberty. EPL also opened it’s first office, congrats EPL!
- ESFL: Throughout December, ESFL hosted #NoNanny events to protest lifestyle regulations. Students hosted debates and discussions, distributed books and literature, and held activism events. Read more about the awesome work that ESFL is doing!
- North America: December was a slow month in North America with final exams and the inter-semester break. Read about the highlights from 2015 in this month’s blog post!
- South Asia: SFL South Asia launched it’s webinar series titled Ideas For Liberty with it’s first session on “Why Government Monopolies Don’t Work.” Students in Bangladesh and Mumbai have also been busy hosting events and spreading the ideas of liberty.
- Women For Liberty: WFL has been busy in Nepal, continuing work with women entrepreneurs including training workshops and advocacy for economic freedom.