For thirty two years the Cato Institute has hosted an annual monetary conference in Washington, DC, bringing together top leaders in the field with diverse opinions to discuss todays challenges and the best path forward. Past speakers have ranged from former fed chairs to free banking advocates and even Ron Paul. They are intellectualy stimulating and great opportunities for anyone interested in the field.
This year’s topic is particularly exciting, as the theme is Alternatives to Central Banking: Toward Free-Market Money. Topics will include Bitcoin, the role of gold in a decentralized monetary regime, and the future of money in the digital world. Noted speakers include:
- Patrick Byrne: founder and CEO of Overstock.com
- Jerry L. Jordan: former president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
- John Allison: Cato President and former CEO of BB&T Bank
- Dr. Lawrence H White: Professor of economics at George Mason University and noted free banking advocate
- Dr. George A. Selgin: Cato Senior Fellow (also noted free banking advocate)
- And more! See the full schedule here.
And best of all Cato has offered free registration for Students For Liberty. Seats are limited though, so email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot now.
Here are the logistical details:
- What: Cato Institute Monetary Conference
- Date: Thursday, November 6th
- Time: 9am – 6:15pm
- Location: Cato Institute, 1000 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C.
- Registration includes lunch and a reception
See you there.