Washington, D.C., Nov. 7, 2023 – Students For Liberty, the largest global pro-liberty student organization, is announcing two new speakers for their flagship event, LibertyCon International 2024. The event will take place at the prestigious Grand Hyatt in Washington, D.C., from February 2-4, 2024.
Originally known by his online moniker Bastiat, Warren Rhea is an American attorney who practices corporate law in the energy industry. Jokingly referring to himself as the “chief neoliberal shill” in his online commentary, he argues for individual liberty, free markets, free trade, free movement, and active American engagement with a globalized world.
Some of the topics Warren is expected to be talking about in discussion panels at LibertyCon International next year include potential US involvement in the Russo-Ukrainian War, the challenges involved with the Taiwanese independence movement, and the growing concern over national conservatism across the globe.
New to the LibertyCon scene, Demetrius Minor educates and mobilizes conservatives around the systematic flaws with the death penalty. Demetrius is a preacher, advocate, and writer who has been the director of coalitions in Florida for Americans for Prosperity, where he worked in partnership with the NAACP, Urban League, and others to build bipartisan support and pass legislation. He comes to LibertyCon bringing his experience as a program director and co-host for political radio, TV, and podcasts; a White House intern; and a pastoral assistant.
“It’s always refreshing to be in the mix of students and activists who are concerned about liberty, freedom, their rights, and who want to make their communities a better place,” Demetrius said when asked by Students For Liberty Marketing Director Joshua Eakle about what he was most looking forward to with regards to taking part in LibertyCon International next year. “These students understand what it means to be involved on a grassroots level; they’re courageous, they’re brave, they feel empowered, their not afraid to confront lawmakers.”
The LibertyCon 2024 lineup also includes these previously announced presenters:
- Whole Foods co-founder and former CEO John Mackey
- Professor at University of Illinois in Chicago and author Deirdre McCloskey
- Former US Congressman Justin Amash
- Former US Congressman and radio host Joe Walsh
- 2020 Libertarian candidate for Vice President and Founder of You Are The Power Spike Cohen
- Political commentator and debater Destiny
- Tuttle Twins author and President of Libertas Institute Connor Boyack
- Bitcoin enthusiast and podcaster Stephan Livera
- Host of the “What is Money?” show Robert Breedlove
- Economics Professor Antony Davies
- Research fellow at the Heritage Foundation and Mises Institute Peter St. Onge
- Founder of Libertarianism.org and author Aaron Ross Powell
- Sports broadcaster and activist Emily Austin
- Streamer and podcast host Dylan Burns
- Businessman and investor Rick Rule
- Professor of economics at George Mason University Bryan Caplan
- Student and free speech advocate Jaiden Rodriguez
LibertyCon International 2024 will take place at the prestigious Grand Hyatt in Washington, D.C., from February 2-4, 2024. Registration is open now at LibertyCon.com.
To schedule an interview with Students For Liberty CEO Dr. Wolf von Laer about the conference and presentations at LibertyCon, please contact Brian Lambrecht directly at 708-420-8324 or [email protected]
Media passes are available to any journalists and media outlets upon request.
Brian S. Lambrecht
Students For Liberty