Washington, D.C., October 24, 2023 – Students For Liberty, the largest global pro-liberty student organization, is announcing two new speakers for their flagship event, LibertyCon International 2024. The event will take place at the prestigious Grand Hyatt in Washington, D.C., from February 2-4, 2024.
Returning to LibertyCon is Stephen Kent, a libertarian political writer, commentator, and communications professional from the Washington, D.C. area. After serving five years as spokesman for the PR nonprofit, Young Voices, Kent anchored Right Now with Stephen Kent, a libertarian-conservative talk show on YouTube under the umbrella of Al Jazeera International. There, he interviewed the likes of Senator Rand Paul, Rep. Pete Meijer, Nick Gillespie, Alex Berenson, Vaush, Gothix, Arielle Scarcella, Dr. Karlyn Borysenko, Corey DeAngelis, Phil Labonte, Matt Yglesias, Spencer Klavan, Larry Sharpe, and many more.
He is the author of How The Force Can Fix The World: Lessons on Life, Liberty & Happiness from a Galaxy, Far Far Away (Center Street Publishing) and has been featured in Vox, Vanity Fair, NPR, National Review, USA Today, Reason Magazine, RealClearPolitics, The Federalist, The American Conservative, and the American Spectator.
“I am always excited to come to LibertyCon, it is one of my favorite conventions that happens every year because of the young people who actually come out to this,” Stephen told Students For Liberty Marketing Director, Joshua Eakle, recently when asked about his participation this year. “You’ve got young activists associated with Students For Liberty coming in from all around the world who are living the real fight for liberty in their countries of origin. It’s incredibly special to get to hear their stories and have conversations about individual liberty and the fight against government overreach. I learn so much from them every single year and that’s why I’ll always come back.”
Making his debut at any convention is David Preston, an Alabama-based journalist and small business owner. He is the previous founder and editor-in-chief of Bama News Now, and columnist at BamaPolitics.com. A political science major from the University of South Alabama and a lifelong defender of principles of liberty and freedom, he ran his first ever and only political race at 19 years old for Daphne City council.
Students For Liberty Blog Editor-in-Chief, Russell Coates, asked David about what he is looking forward to making his first appearance at LibertyCon this year. “First and foremost, my biggest expectation is to have fun. It’s a learning experience for everybody; when I go to these types of things, I learn just as much from the other participants as well as the panelists.” David continued, “I’m excited to be talking about civil asset forfeiture, qualified immunity, and also sharing my expertise as a former editor of an Alabama-based news website on a journalism panel discussing misinformation; how to combat it and how do we reduce biases.”
The LibertyCon 2024 lineup also includes these previously announced presenters:
- Whole Foods co-founder and former CEO John Mackey
- Professor at University of Illinois in Chicago and author Deirdre McCloskey
- Former US Congressman Justin Amash
- Former US Congressman and radio host Joe Walsh
- 2020 Libertarian candidate for Vice President and Founder of You Are The Power Spike Cohen
- Political commentator and debater Destiny
- Tuttle Twins author and President of Libertas Institute Connor Boyack
- Bitcoin enthusiast and podcaster Stephan Livera
- Host of the “What is Money?” show Robert Breedlove
- Economics Professor Antony Davies
- Research fellow at the Heritage Foundation and Mises Institute Peter St. Onge
- Founder of Libertarianism.org and author Aaron Ross Powell
- Sports broadcaster and activist Emily Austin
- Streamer and podcast host Dylan Burns
- Businessman and investor Rick Rule
- Professor of economics at George Mason University Bryan Caplan
- Student and free speech advocate Jaiden Rodriguez
LibertyCon International 2024 will take place at the prestigious Grand Hyatt in Washington, D.C., from February 2-4, 2024. Registration is open now at LibertyCon.com.
To schedule an interview with Students For Liberty CEO Dr. Wolf von Laer about the conference and presentations at LibertyCon, please contact Brian Lambrecht directly at 708-420-8324 or [email protected]
Media passes are available to any journalists and media outlets upon request.
Brian S. Lambrecht
Students For Liberty