Washington, D.C., December 21, 2023 – Students For Liberty, the largest global pro-liberty student organization, is proud to announce Robby Soave as emcee for their flagship event, LibertyCon International 2024. The event will take place at the prestigious Grand Hyatt in Washington, D.C., from February 2-4, 2024.
A senior editor at Reason Magazine and a Students For Liberty alumnus, Robby Soave was the perfect choice to host LibertyCon International 2024 in Washington, D.C. this February. In 2016, Forbes named Soave to their “30 Under 30” list in the category of law and policy. In 2017, he became a Novak Fellow at The Fund for American Studies. He also serves on the DC Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.
“I became involved with the liberty movement right as Students for Liberty came into being,” Soave said, when asked about his history with the organization. “I remember driving in a packed bus from the University of Michigan to Washington, D.C. to attend the conference. I met many of my friends there, and I got connected with Reason Magazine, where I’ve worked for the last ten years. Students For Liberty was an early, important step for me.”
LibertyCon International will host students from as many as thirty different countries, and includes a plethora of prestigious speakers, such as former Congressman Justin Amash, former Congressman Joe Walsh, and Whole Foods co-founder John Mackey, to discuss ideas about individual liberty and free markets. Soave brought up how important he feels these ideas are for future generations to discuss, stating that “too many young people think free markets undermine individual liberty because they empower corporations, or something like that. Actually, the absence of free markets is what causes tyranny. Historically, that’s always been the case.” Soave continued, “For societies to be free and prosperous, you want the government to generally avoid planning society or deciding which market actors are too big.”
Joining Soave will be many of his colleagues from Reason Magazine, a long-time LibertyCon sponsor and participant in the upcoming conference.
Editor-in-Chief Katherine Mangu-Ward is expected to lead a panel discussion on the main stage about truth in journalism with a panel of diverse journalists from widely different backgrounds.
Editor-at-Large Nick Gillespie will also be in attendance, leading a one-on-one interview on the main stage with former Congressman Justin Amash on the Sunday morning.
A special breakout session sponsored by Reason titled “Against Game of Thrones Politics” will be hosted by Senior Editor Stephanie Slade.
Reason Managing Editor Jason Russell will moderate a discussion on Sunday morning on whether a “national divorce” will lead to a freer and more prosperous United States.
Finally, Reason Assistant Editor Emma Camp will join a panel on the main stage on Sunday morning, discussing the implications of occupational licensing on the job market.
The LibertyCon 2024 lineup also includes these previously announced presenters:
- Whole Foods co-founder and former CEO John Mackey
- Professor at University of Illinois in Chicago and author Deirdre McCloskey
- Former US Congressman Justin Amash
- Former US Congressman and radio host Joe Walsh
- 2020 Libertarian candidate for Vice President and Founder of You Are The Power Spike Cohen
- Political commentator and author Stephen Kent
- Tuttle Twins author and President of Libertas Institute Connor Boyack
- Bitcoin enthusiast and podcaster Stephan Livera
- Host of the “What is Money?” show Robert Breedlove
- Editor In Chief of News2Share Ford Fischer
- 2020 Libertarian candidate for President Dr. Jo Jorgensen
- Economics Professor Antony Davies
- Grassroots pro-housing advocate Luca Gattoni-Celli
- Political commentator and author David Boaz
- Founder of First Principles Heath Mayo
- Journalist and entrepreneur David Preston
- Research fellow at the Heritage Foundation and Mises Institute Peter St. Onge
- Founder of Libertarianism.org and author Aaron Ross Powell
- Sports broadcaster and activist Emily Austin
- Streamer and podcast host Dylan Burns
- Businessman and investor Rick Rule
- Professor of economics at George Mason University Bryan Caplan
- Student and free speech advocate Jaiden Rodriguez
LibertyCon International 2024 will take place at the prestigious Grand Hyatt in Washington, D.C., from February 2-4, 2024. Registration is open now at LibertyCon.com.
To schedule an interview with Students For Liberty CEO Dr. Wolf von Laer about the conference and presentations at LibertyCon, please contact Brian Lambrecht directly at [email protected]
Media passes are available to any journalists and media outlets upon request.
Brian S. Lambrecht
Students For Liberty