Washington, D.C., December 14, 2023 – Students For Liberty, the largest global pro-liberty student organization, is announcing three new speakers for their flagship event, LibertyCon International 2024. The event will take place at the prestigious Grand Hyatt in Washington, D.C., from February 2-4, 2024.
Making his LibertyCon debut is Heath Mayo, founder of Principles First, a volunteer grassroots organization dedicated to championing conservative ideals and principled leaders. Mayo practices corporate law, covering M&A, capital markets, shareholder activism and corporate governance issues for some of the nation’s most recognized companies.
“Freedom is a fragile thing – and it is constantly under siege by strongmen and tyrannical governments whose grip on power is threatened by free people.” Mayo, a passionate fighter for personal freedom and liberty, told Students For Liberty when asked about his participation at LibertyCon how:
“Individual rights and freedoms take decades and even centuries to earn, but can be lost overnight. Don’t take them for granted. Keep making the case for freedom wherever it’s challenged – in your classrooms, in your social circles, and in your civic action. Don’t wait for someone else to step up. Freedom needs champions now more than ever.”
Mayo has never spoken at LibertyCon before and was excited to be invited to reach out to young adults from across the globe about free markets and individual liberty. “This will be my first LibertyCon – so I’m eager to meet folks I’ve known and followed for a long time and am excited to meet the young leaders that will be in attendance.” Mayo continued, “The substantive discussions that are teed up will also come at an important time for the country, so I’m eager to participate and learn more from all the freedom-minded folks who will be there.”
Returning to LibertyCon is 2020 Libertarian Party candidate for President Jo Jorgensen. As the sole Ph.D. holder and the lone woman to grace the ballot in all fifty states twice, Dr. Jorgensen brought profound insights into the cultural dimensions of a free society.
Supporters were drawn to the liberty movement not only by the effectiveness of her message but also by her ability to convey the principles of liberty on a deeply personal level, resonating with individuals in a unique and impactful way.
“The most important thing I believe that young people in the world should know regarding their individual freedom is that it’s their responsibility to protect it and fight for it. They need to take ownership of their own lives.” Dr. Jorgensen stated, “It’s going to take more than online debates. As someone who has fought for years, I can say it’s hard work, but it’s rewarding. And in the end, freedom is worth it.”
A full-time Senior Lecturer in Psychology at Clemson University since 2006, Dr. Jorgensen has lots of experience in connecting with students. “I’m really excited to see the next generation of torch bearers at LibertyCon in DC this year. I was so impressed with the young people I met at the last LibertyCon – they’re the example for others in their generation.”
Also making his LibertyCon debut this year is Joshua Bandoch, the Head of Policy at the Illinois Policy Institute. Previously, Bandoch was a Research Fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, a speechwriter for numerous senior government officials, a strategic communications consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton, and a postdoctoral fellow at Brown University and the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Bandoch was very excited when invited to take part in LibertyCon 2024. He asserted that:
“Students For Liberty is a phenomenal institution bringing students that are passionate for freedom from all around the country and all around the world to one conference. It’s an opportunity to interact with them and to bring them around professors and other leaders in the liberty movement, and I think that is a recipe for a phenomenal event to learn about liberty and how to advocate for it more effectively.”
The LibertyCon 2024 lineup also includes these previously announced presenters:
- Whole Foods co-founder and former CEO John Mackey
- Professor at University of Illinois in Chicago and author Deirdre McCloskey
- Former US Congressman Justin Amash
- Former US Congressman and radio host Joe Walsh
- 2020 Libertarian candidate for Vice President and Founder of You Are The Power Spike Cohen
- Political commentator and author Stephen Kent
- CEO of Dirty Boots Capital Tony Lopes
- Tuttle Twins author and President of Libertas Institute Connor Boyack
- Bitcoin enthusiast and podcaster Stephan Livera
- Host of the “What is Money?” show Robert Breedlove
- Editor In Chief of News2Share Ford Fischer
- Economics Professor Antony Davies
- Executive Director of Students For Sensible Drug Policy Kat Murti
- Grassroots pro-housing advocate Luca Gattoni-Celli
- Political commentator and author David Boaz
- Journalist and entrepreneur David Preston
- Research fellow at the Heritage Foundation and Mises Institute Peter St. Onge
- Founder of Libertarianism.org and author Aaron Ross Powell
- Sports broadcaster and activist Emily Austin
- Streamer and podcast host Dylan Burns
- Author and political commentator Aaron Ross Powell
- Businessman and investor Rick Rule
- Professor of economics at George Mason University Bryan Caplan
- Founding Director of the Libertarian National Congressional Committee James Lark III
- Student and free speech advocate Jaiden Rodriguez
LibertyCon International 2024 will take place at the prestigious Grand Hyatt in Washington, D.C., from February 2-4, 2024. Registration is open now at LibertyCon.com.
To schedule an interview with Students For Liberty CEO Dr. Wolf von Laer about the conference and presentations at LibertyCon, please contact Brian Lambrecht directly at [email protected]
Media passes are available to any journalists and media outlets upon request.
Brian S. Lambrecht
Students For Liberty