Regional Coordinator Program
Regional Coordinator Program
This program seeks Coordinators with a proven record of advancing libertarian ideas in their communities and are interested in taking their leadership skills to a higher level.
Applicants must identify with SFL’s Mission to Educate, Develop, and Empower the Next Generation of Leaders of Liberty. This role is a significant milestone in your career with Students For Liberty; it requires dedication, maturity, and communication. Not only will you be the first point of contact for current students in an entire region, but you will also liaise with SFL staff and external organizations in advancing our cause.
Students For Liberty will hold you to a higher standard and you must be prepared to meet this in order to succeed. Greater responsibility brings more exciting opportunities to learn, connect, and develop your skills, under the guidance of experienced and well-connected staff members.
Why should you apply to become a Regional Coordinator?
- You’ll gain tons of skills in volunteer management, event planning, communications, program execution, and non-profit operations;
- Discover career opportunities within the liberty movement;
- Access scholarships to attend LibertyCon, Africa Liberty Forum, Top Coordinators Retreat, and more;
- Work with talented pro-liberty students and professionals from all over the world;
- Get access to grants, contacts, and many more resources for your activism campaigns;
- Find out about internship opportunities with our local and international partners;
- Receive support from professional staff associates and support teams who are ready to assist with your projects;
- Join our alumni program to help you with your professional development after you graduate; and
- So much more!
Qualifications for the Africa Regional Coordinator Program:
- Have been a Coordinator with SFL for at least one year.
- You must be a current university student in the Africa region or a recent graduate of not more than three (3) years;
- You should have relevant experience running a pro-liberty student group;
- You strongly identify with libertarianism and SFL’s mission;
- You are self-motivated and can complete projects with little oversight;
- You are able to demonstrate strong management ability, professional skills, and competency; and
- You are passionate about the ideas of liberty, and about organizing events and leading the movement to build a freer future
Responsibilities of Regional Coordinator include but not limited to:
- Organizing the strategic plan for their sub-region including their National Coordinator plans and feedback;
- Ensuring effective progress toward achieving their Action Plan plan; working with National Coordinators to develop RREs for leaders in the sub-region
- Training, coaching, and mentoring members of their regional team.
- Organize major projects in their region (such as coordinating issue campaigns or liberty caravans)
- Recruit and interview quality Local Coordinator Program candidates
- Organize retreats and other trainings to develop the skills of the SFL leaders on their teams