What does it mean to work for SFL?
- Experience a fully remote workplace: work from anywhere in the world with extremely flexible hours
- Utilize SFL grants to grow your professional skills
- Advance in the organization as you grow
- Take over three weeks of extremely flexible paid time off
- Get paid to spread the values of liberty
- Join an international community of staff from every corner of the globe
- Travel to staff retreats and other SFL events in exotic locations
About the Organization
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and over 70 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty.
We accomplish this through a strategy of identifying the top students and then empowering them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,700 events with over 600,000 people in attendance. We are a fully virtual, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the U.S. and around the world.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL means flexibility, meaningful work, and autonomy. We pride ourselves on growth, hard work, advancement opportunities, embracing entrepreneurship, and a passion for the product: liberty.
Additionally, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff has the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities for staff at all levels of the organization.
About the African Students For Liberty
African Students For Liberty (ASFL) is the largest libertarian student organization in the continent, with student leaders in 28 African countries. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. Our vision is a global network of leaders advancing liberty in all aspects of society. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top student leaders and training them to be agents of change in their communities.
ASFL is looking for a programs associate who will work full-time on managing the 400+ SFL volunteer leaders in Africa, aiming to build a freer future. The programs associate will oversee the Local Coordinator program, working on advanced leadership and skill-based training, leadership and mentorship support, keeping constant communication with hundreds of activists across Africa, and serving as a role model to the incoming generations of pro-liberty activists.
The leadership program associate will also be in charge of co-managing and providing support to African SFL’s social media platforms. The position is based in Africa, and the selected candidate must be willing to travel within the region. A successful candidate will have a firm commitment to classical liberal ideas and SFL’s mission statement.
- Oversee the training and onboarding of LCs, NCs, and RCs
- Oversee advanced training
- Oversee the planning and execution of retreats and fora
- Manage the Local Coordinator program
- Prepare project reports
- Give support and assistance in hosting events
- Complete assigned administrative tasks
- Prepare and keep tracking sheets up to date with regional data
- Uphold SFL values, culture and brand
- Any other related tasks as assigned.
Qualities of an Ideal Candidate
- Experience in volunteer and/or people management
- Excellent communication and soft skills
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to be autonomous and entrepreneurial
- Full proficiency in English
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms
- High level of Word, Excel, and Powerpoint proficiency
- Proficiency with G Suite
- Experience in data tracking, analysis and reporting
- Excellent reporting skills
- Experience in project management
- Experience in recruitment of volunteers
- Experience in group creation and management
- Experience in developing and hosting training
- Willingness to travel periodically
Please submit a cover letter and your CV in English to Linda Kavuka via email at [email protected] Please include references, your permission to contact those references, and your salary requirements.
In the cover letter, please include your interest in the ideas of liberty, your interest in both Students For Liberty and the role, and your applicable experience. We will conduct interviews and selection on a rolling basis and reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider.