Michael Carnuccio (Oklahoma City) serves as President and CEO of the E Foundation for Oklahoma, a multi-million-dollar, vision-based, non-profit organization operating the donor-owner model of leveraged giving in public policy. In November of 2015, Michael launched the JTK Group, LLC, a strategic leadership firm that leverages assets for strategic results, where he provides strategic partnerships for capital generation and leadership coaching in the areas of fundraising, personal growth and team management.
In 2012, Michael founded the Liberty Foundation of America with two, matching $150,000 lead gifts and served in the capacity of President until 2016. After creating and hosting a weekly, Sunday morning discussion program that aired in the Oklahoma City media market, Michael helped launch MiddleGround Media Group, a nonprofit journalism enterprise that includes radio broadcast, online and investigative journalism.
Previously, Michael served as President of the Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs from 2010 through 2015. When Carnuccio began, OCPA was a >$900,000 organization with five employees; when he stepped down, the enterprise exceeded $6,000,000, housing multiple organizations and a campus that included the 7,000 sq. ft. Advance Center for Free Enterprise multi-purpose, event facility.
Michael is a member of Club 29 Rotary, the Downtown Club of Oklahoma City, SALLT and a RightOnCrime signatory. He currently serves on the national Board of Directors for both Operation Homefront and the Fairness Center; the Board of Directors for the E Foundation for Oklahoma, the Cavett Kids Foundation and the Oklahoma Scholarship Fund; and the Board of Trustees for the Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs. Michael received both his B.A. in Broadcast Journalism and M.A. in Political Science from Oklahoma State University, where he later served as adjunct faculty in the Department of Political Science. He lives in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, with his wife, Kayla, and their children, Joseph, Thomas and Kathryn.
M.A. in Political Science, Graduate Teaching Assistant, Oklahoma State University, 2005
Concentrations: International Relations & Comparative Politics
Creative Component: The Effectiveness of Language Manipulation on Policy Approval
B.A. in Broadcast Journalism, Oklahoma State University, School of Journalism and Broadcasting, 2002
Interests: Media Management & Agenda Setting
Carnuccio, M., Dr. Jenswold, J., & Kenney M. (2004). “The United States and North Korea: Multilateralism and Security.” The Korean Journal of Public Policy, 15(6), 121-131.
Carnuccio, M. (2010, February) Take Heart, Conservatives: The People Are with Us. Perspective, pp. 14
Carnuccio, M. (2006, July 10).5th District: Getting it right. The Oklahoman, pp. 13A.
Carnuccio, M. (2005, June 3).Apathy aiding reform foes. The Oklahoman, pp. 15A.
Carnuccio, M. (2005, June 12).Why social security reform affects students – now. Tulsa World, pp. G1.
Carnuccio, M. (2012-2015). Free Market Friday. Syndicated: 27 markets. The Journal Record, pp. 6A.
- Board of Trustees; Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs, Inc. (2016 – present)
- National Board of Directors/Treasurer; Operation Homefront (2014-present)
- Board of Trustees; The Liberty Foundation of America, Inc. (2013 – present)
- Board of Directors; OCPA IMPACT (2010-2016), The Fairness Center (2013-present)
- Founding Member; Friends of Roosevelt Steering Committee (2013)
- Member; Rotary Club #29 (2011-present)
- Member; Young President’s Club, The Heritage Foundation (2010-2015)
- Member; The Downtown Club of Oklahoma City (2012-present)
- Chairman; Taxation Study Group: Governor’s Economic Development & Job Creation Task Force (2012)
- Governor’s Working Group on Government Modernization (2010–2012)
- Co-Captain; Regional Food Bank, Community Food Drive, Mustang, OK (2009 – 2011)
- Secretary; Canadian County Republican Party Executive Committee (2009 – 2010)