About the Travel Associate Opening:
The Travel Associate is responsible for planning logistics and making sure all travel needs are handled within a timely manner. The Travel Associate will take care of event planning and negotiation prior the event. Travel Associate will handle the entire process from making a reservation to making sure the passenger successfully completed the trip. The Travel Associate will be require to travel to major SFL events and staff retreats from time to time.
-Make reservations and bookings of flights and ground transportation (bus,train)
-Become familiar with the event and provide estimated cost for the event’s logistics.
-Travel Associate will handle the entire process from making a reservation to making sure the passenger successfully completes the trip.
-Create templates, forms and email correspondence to keep work efficient and up to date.
-Professional email communication with CEO/staff/leaders/speakers to determine their travel needs.
-Provide estimated rates to CEO/staff, based on the date when the request was placed. Provide additional options/alternative modes of travel in order to lower the cost.
-Process online payments.
-Provide relevant information, manage booking instruction, check-in, helpful information for each destination to the traveler.
-Deal with occurring travel problems 24/7, urgent requests, time changes, flight delays,cancellations, refunds.
-Maintain statistical and financial records for each event.
-Monthly financial report in Expensify for each transaction that has been performed.
- 1+ years of professional work experience in Traveling and Hospitality.
- Expertise in various booking system to reserve trains, flights, hotels, conference spaces and car rentals.
- Strong knowledge of airline companies and travel policies, immigration and visa process.
- Proficient with Forms,Sheets,Docs and Drive.
- Ability to work independently, manage your time and manage multiple tasks.
- SFL is looking for a highly-organized Travel Associate who is ready to work irregular hours during unexpected travel circumstances. SFL is open to a wide array of experiences and backgrounds. If you think you are qualified for this position, please apply!
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your in interest in current job at Students for Liberty,how your experience has prepared you for this position, and your salary expectations.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
About Students For Liberty
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and over 70 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of identifying the top students and then empowering them to be agents of change in their communities.
Last school year, our students organized 1,910 events with 215,094 people in attendance. We are a fully virtual, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the U.S. and around the world.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL means flexibility, meaningful work, and autonomy. We pride ourselves on growth, hard work, advancement opportunities, embracing entrepreneurship, and a passion for the product: liberty.
Additionally, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff has the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities for staff at all levels of the organization.