About the Organization
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and 55 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top students, and training them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,300 events with over 570,000 people in attendance. We are a remote, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the US and around the world.
About the Role
Students For Liberty is seeking an experienced travel associate to manage the travel planning and booking process for staff and student leaders. SFL previously worked with an outside travel agency and is looking to replace that role with an in-house position. The Travel Associate will develop and manage processes to make travel planning and travel booking smooth and efficient. This position would be 100% remote.
- Work closely with the Programs team to understand conference schedules and book worldwide travel for a large staff team and hundreds of volunteers
- Look for opportunities to save money on travel expenses for the organization
- Manage travel planning for CEO, members of SFL staff, and students to and from conferences (both domestic and international travel)
- Manage monthly travel expenses and receipt storage using existing software
- Flexible working hours, assisting travellers with problems around the clock (cancelled flights, etc.)
- 2+ years of travel planning experience
- Familiarity with Google Systems, GSuite
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and plan ahead
- Ability manage your own time and work independently
- Familiarity with domestic and international travel requirements
- Fluent in English, additional languages (Portuguese or Spanish) are an advantage
Qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV)/resume and a cover letter explaining your skills and past experience to Jan Skapa at [email protected] with the subject line “Travel Associate Position”.
We will review each application on a rolling basis. While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.