Students For Liberty is the largest libertarian student organization in the world with student leaders spanning well over 100 countries on every inhabited continent. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top student leaders and training them to be agents of change in their communities.
Students For Liberty is currently seeking a passionate and professional individual to help with our new team of researchers to build a database of SFL’s history of events, campaigns, and success stories. This position will require being on top of the current trends in media and the academic discourse. If you are interested in connecting the dots between mainstream media and academic research, this might be the place for you.
A successful candidate will have a firm commitment to libertarian ideas and to SFL’s mission statement.
– Developing research ideas for educational videos on Learn Liberty
– Creating and maintaining a database of SFL’s history of events, campaigns, and success stories
– Being responsible for creative research projects with other teams in and outside of SFL
– Collaborating with other teams on streamlining the knowledge management process
– Collaborating with training team on the content development process
The following qualifications are required:
– Bachelor’s degree;
– Excellent command of the English language;
– Ability to balance research projects while maintaining curiosity and attention to detail;
– Strong written and verbal communication skills;
– Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude;
– Positive, goal-oriented outlook;
– Willingness to learn and provide assistance to interfacing departments as necessary;
– G Suite proficiency;
– Trustworthiness and ability to show discretion.
The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
– Knowledge of media production, communication, and research techniques;
– Knowledge of video pre-production and production;
– Knowledge of current events and trends;
– Basic editing skills.
Anyone interested in applying for the Strategic Research Associate position should submit a cover letter and CV to [email protected]. At later stages of the interview process, we kindly ask you to provide references from past co-workers and supervisors.
In the cover letter please include your interest in the ideas of liberty, your interest in both Students For Liberty and the role; and your applicable experience.
We will conduct interviews and selection on a rolling basis, and we will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider.
What does working for Students For Liberty mean?
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL is similar to working at a startup. We pride ourselves on fast growth, hard work, quick advancement to a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, embracing entrepreneurship within the organization, and a passion for liberty.
In addition to compensation, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff has the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities.