What does it mean to work for SFL?
- Experience a fully remote workplace: work from anywhere in the world with extremely flexible hours
- Utilize SFL grants to grow your professional skills
- Advance in the organization as you grow
- Take over 3 weeks of extremely flexible paid time off
- Get paid to spread the values of liberty
- Join an international community of staff from every corner of the globe
- Travel to staff retreats and other SFL events in exotic locations
About the Organization
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and over 70 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of identifying the top students and then empowering them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,700 events with over 600,000 people in attendance. We are a fully virtual, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the U.S. and around the world.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL means flexibility, meaningful work, and autonomy. We pride ourselves on growth, hard work, advancement opportunities, embracing entrepreneurship, and a passion for the product: liberty.
Additionally, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff has the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities for staff at all levels of the organization.
South Asia Students For Liberty (SASFL) is a region within SFL that is now looking for a Programs Associate who will work full-time managing and executing the strategic plan and budget for the 240+ SFL volunteer leaders spread across eight countries in South Asia, including Afghanistan, Bhutan and Maldives.
The Programs Associate will be responsible for SFL’s growth in new sub-regions. He or she will run activism and educational events, keeping constant communication with dozens of activists across states and countries and serving as a role model to the incoming generations of pro-liberty activists.
The Programs Associate will also be in charge of co-managing and providing support to SASFL’s social media platforms. The position is a full-time contractor role based in South Asia and may require traveling throughout the South Asia region.
- Oversee the growth of the organization in new cities, states and countries
- Oversee and support the Advanced Leadership Team and Local Coordinators
- Support the leadership by assisting in events, retreats and academic/leadership fora
- Report to the Programs Manager
- Perform responsibilities assigned by the Programs Manager
- Manage SASFL’s marketing and communication
- Initiate and anchor new programs, publications or projects
- Uphold SFL’s values, culture, and brand
- Complete administrative tasks to further SFL’s growth and development
- Experience in volunteer and/or people management
- Ability to balance many different programs while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Creative approach to problem-solving and a positive solution-focused outlook
- Ability to self-motivate, work autonomously, and show entrepreneurial drive in a remote work environment
- Full proficiency in English
- Bachelor Degree required
- Familiarity with G-Suite, and use of collaborative document tools
- Ability to build and manage spreadsheets for data tracking, analysis, and reporting.
- Knowledge of the effective use of Social Media platforms
- Adequate graphic design skills using software such as Canva and Photopea.
- Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary
- Integrity and ability to show discretion
- Willingness to travel periodically
Anyone interested in applying for South Asia Program Associate position should submit a cover letter and CV to Dennis Jose [email protected] ([email protected] in CC). We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider. At later stages of the interview process, we may ask you to provide us with references from past co-workers and/or supervisors.