What does it mean to work for SFL?
- Experience a fully remote workplace: work from anywhere in the world with extremely flexible hours
- Utilize SFL grants to grow your professional skills
- Advance in the organization as you grow
- Take over 3 weeks of extremely flexible paid time off
- Get paid to spread the values of liberty
- Join an international community of staff from every corner of the globe
- Travel to staff retreats and other SFL events in exotic locations
About the Organization
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and over 70 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of identifying the top students and then empowering them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,700 events with over 600,000 people in attendance. We are a fully virtual, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the U.S. and around the world.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL means flexibility, meaningful work, and autonomy. We pride ourselves on growth, hard work, advancement opportunities, embracing entrepreneurship, and a passion for the product: liberty.
Additionally, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff has the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities for staff at all levels of the organization.
About the Fellowship
Students For Liberty is launching a new Prometheus Fellowship program to offer its most promising students the highest level of education, training, and mentorship and equip them with the philosophical and practical education necessary to have a dramatic impact in their professional and personal lives and thereby change the world.
This highly selective global program will launch with an inaugural class in the Fall of 2022 and will feature independent and partner study of selected material, group study sessions led by world-class experts, in-person seminars twice each year, and a mentorship program with successful pro-liberty leaders.
The goal of the program is to produce a cadre of sophisticated students educated in rational philosophy, Objectivism, and practical skills to become leaders of liberty in all aspects of society.
Students For Liberty is seeking an experienced program director who will be responsible for overseeing and implementing SFL’s new flagship Prometheus Fellowship Program. The Prometheus Fellowship Director will play a pivotal role in ensuring the success of the Fellowship and defining the contours of the program. The basic program has been designed but there are a myriad of details to be worked out and decisions to be made as the program staffs up in advance of its launch. This high-visibility role offers a rare and exciting opportunity to launch a new high-profile program that is global in scope and impact.
The Director will oversee and facilitate all Prometheus Fellowship Program activities, including weekly study sessions, twice-monthly group sessions, twice-yearly in-person seminars, recruitment of Fellows, and coordinate mentorship with world-class leaders in a variety of fields. The Fellowship Director will hire and oversee a team dedicated to the success of the Prometheus Fellowship. The Prometheus Fellowship Director will report to the Director of Programs. The position is remote and location-independent.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of the fellowship program initiatives including implementation of fellowship seminar, application and selection of fellows.
- Oversee the development and evaluation of the new curriculum. Conduct research and consult with the Director, staff, partners, and other appropriate stakeholders in the design and development of the curriculum.
- Ensure the effective management of the Fellowship recruitment and selection processes, including working with the Fellowship team to develop recruitment and selection goals, strategy, and work plans.
- Provide oversight for the Fellowship program
- Develop and maintain relationships with program partners, and facilitators
- Oversee the Fellowship program staff
- Design the cohort calendar and scheduling training dates for the Fellows
- Evaluate the performance of all the Fellows
- Work closely with Fellowship Associates to manage communication with Fellows.
- 5+ years of program and event management experience in complex hybrid program delivery
- 3+ years of experience of leading and building teams
- Commitment to Classical Liberalism
- Familiarity with Google Systems, GSuite
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and plan ahead
- Ability manage your own time and work independently
- Fluent in English, additional languages (Portuguese or Spanish) are an advantage
- Knowledge of Objectivism and philosophy is a plus
Qualified candidates should submit their CV and a cover letter in a single PDF document. Be sure to include how you found this job listing in your cover letter.
Applications should be submitted to Olumayowa Okediran at [email protected] with the subject line ”Prometheus Fellowship Director”.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.