What does it mean to work for SFL?
- Experience a fully remote workplace: work from anywhere in the world with extremely flexible hours
- Utilize SFL grants to grow your professional skills
- Advance in the organization as you grow
- Take over 3 weeks of extremely flexible paid time off
- Get paid to spread the values of liberty
- Join an international community of staff from every corner of the globe
- Travel to staff retreats and other SFL events in exotic locations
About the Organization
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and over 70 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of identifying the top students and then empowering them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,700 events with over 600,000 people in attendance. We are a fully virtual, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the U.S. and around the world.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL means flexibility, meaningful work, and autonomy. We pride ourselves on growth, hard work, advancement opportunities, embracing entrepreneurship, and a passion for the product: liberty.
Additionally, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff have the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities for staff at all levels of the organization.
About the Role
Students For Liberty is seeking a passionate, professional, and articulate individual to serve as our Paid Ads Specialist.
The Paid Ads Specialist will be responsible for the following initiatives to contribute to SFL’s strategy:
- Planning, developing and executing large campaigns;
- Driving weekly optimization within the ads platforms;
- Budget management; and
- Working on analysis and reporting
In addition, this role will be responsible for supporting the content, programs, development, and creative teams in developing brand-led strategic messaging, and will occasionally support the marketing and programs teams in managing social media pages.
This is a full-time, remote role reporting to the Global Marketing Manager. A successful candidate will have a combination of strong skills and a firm commitment to classical liberal ideas and SFL’s mission statement.
- Plan, execute, and optimize social, display, and search paid ad campaigns for Students For Liberty’s global, regional and associated channels
- Work closely with marketing and creative teams to develop ad copy, creative elements and variations
- Manage budget and advertising spending, ad grants and other budgetary needs
- Research, analyze, and optimize audience segmentation and profiles
- Analyze performance data and provide intelligent analysis, interpretation and appropriate action plans based on data-driven conclusions
- Improve upon paid social media processes and innovation of new strategies and techniques
- Compile paid advertising reports
- Support marketing and programs teams in managing social media pages, on a per-need basis
- Occasionally provide training or consultation on paid advertising and campaign management, on a per-need basis
- Stay up-to-date on best practices and integrate them into tactics and strategies
The following qualifications are required:
- Two years or more paid ads experience
- Strong copywriting skills and ability to provide brand-led strategic messaging
- Extensive understanding of segmentation, targeting, ad placement, budgeting and reporting
- Extensive familiarity with the most commonly used paid advertising tools (Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads)
- Extensive familiarity with Google Ads Grant for nonprofits
- Extensive familiarity with Google Analytics, social media analytics and marketing reporting tools
- Extensive familiarity with the implementation of tracking codes, technical troubleshooting for paid ads
- Basic understanding of photo editing techniques and software (Canva or Adobe Suite)
- Basic understanding of key social media channels
- Basic understanding of search engine functionality and social media algorithms
- Self-motivated, comfortable working autonomously, and proven entrepreneurial drive in a remote work environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage shifting priorities
- Willingness to travel occasionally
The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
- Paid ads certification (Skillshop, Blueprint, Hubspot, LinkedIn or similar)
- Familiarity with task management systems (Jira, Notion, Asana or similar)
- Previous involvement with nonprofit organizations
- Previous involvement with Students For Liberty
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter in a single PDF document to SFL’s Assistant Director of Marketing Ivanildo Terceiro at [email protected] with the subject line “Paid Ads Specialist”.
The cover letter should include the answers to the following questions:
- What advertising platforms are you most familiar with?
- What is the highest and lowest budget you have advertised with?
- What are your best-performing paid ad results?
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The application process will consist of a screening interview, qualification and fitness test, deeper skill-based interview and offer negotiation.