Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest libertarian student organization in the world with students active in well over 100 countries on every inhabited continent. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top student leaders and training them to be agents of change in their communities.
Students For Liberty (SFL) is currently seeking a passionate and professional individual to assist North American Programs team staffers with student programming for our volunteer Local Coordinator Program in the US and Canada. The individual in this role will support the execution of programmatic campaigns related to communications and academic programs with respect to the Local Coordinator Program.
A successful candidate will have a firm commitment to libertarian ideas and to SFL’s mission statement.
This is a paid part-time position (20 hours / week) from 01-24-22 to 04-29-22.
- Maintaining records for monthly internal and external newsletters in North America
- Supporting staff with campaigns such as virtual reading groups and debates
- Support article solicitation for the SFL blog through SFL staff direction
- Supporting recruitment campaigns led by SFL staff alongside other spring interns
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with students for participation in the SFL House System
- Uphold SFL’s values, culture, and brand
The following qualifications are required:
- Proficiency with Google Office Suite
- Integrity, humility, willingness to learn, and a goal-oriented outlook
- Demonstrated experience with leading academic discussion in the non-profit volunteer space
- Ability to balance many different projects while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in English
- Trustworthy, able to show discretion, and able to provide assistance as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team, meet deadlines, and manage shifting priorities
- Ability to self-motivate, work autonomously, and show entrepreneurial drive in a remote work environment
The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
- Experience working with libertarian student activism
- Experience with small start-up enterprises and projects
- Previous involvement with Students For Liberty
Please submit an updated resume with a cover letter stating your interest and intent for this position to the hiring manager Mike Avi at [email protected]. We will conduct interviews and selection on a rolling basis. We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider.