Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest libertarian student organization in the world with students active in well over 100 countries on every inhabited continent. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top student leaders and training them to be agents of change in their communities.
Students For Liberty is currently seeking a passionate and professional individual to serve as North American Programs Director. This is a full-time position managing and executing the strategic plan for SFL programs in North America. This role requires volunteer or staff management experience, program management experience, and expert ability to keep a team engaged, motivated, and results focused.
The North American Programs Director will be responsible for creating and leading consistent progress toward the goals set out in North America’s strategic plan; managing the North American team; managing partner relationships; and working together with teams across SFL to support projects and programs. The Director will be responsible for ensuring successful execution of educational events and trainings; fostering constant communication with program participants and activists throughout North American, and all other aspects of North American operations.
A successful candidate will have a firm commitment to libertarian ideas and to SFL’s vision and mission statements.
- Leadership and management of North American staff
- Oversee management of the North American Coordinator Programs
- Ensure continuous growth and achievement of goals within budget
- Creation of future yearly North American Programs Strategic Plans
- Collect and report data on programs and budget
- Identify and connect with high-quality students and success stories
- Build, maintain and leverage relationships with related organizations in the region
- Ensure high quality event execution, including conferences, retreats, academic colloquia, leadership fora, and campus & local events
- Ensure effective marketing and communications
- Uphold SFL’s values, culture, and brand
The following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Living and working in the United States or Canada
- Familiarity with the network of pro-liberty groups and individuals
- Volunteer and or staff management experience
- Program management experience
- Ability to balance many different programs while maintaining attention to detail
- Oversee the North American Comment start student grant applications process
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Integrity, humility, and intellectual honesty
- Positive solution-focused outlook
- Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary
- Familiarity with G-Suite, and use of collaborative document tools
- Ability to show discretion
- Ability to self-motivate, work autonomously, and show entrepreneurial drive in a remote work environment
- Willingness to travel periodically
Anyone interested in applying for the North American Programs Director position should submit application materials to Kyle Walker, Senior Director of Programs, at [email protected].
Application materials should include in a single .pdf document:
- Motivation Letter
Deadline: November 9th.
We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider on a rolling basis.
What does working for Students For Liberty mean?
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL is similar to working at a startup. We pride ourselves on fast growth, hard work, quick advancement to a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, embracing entrepreneurship within the organization, and a passion for liberty.
In addition to compensation, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff have the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities.