Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest libertarian student organization in the world with students active in well over 100 countries on every inhabited continent. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top student leaders and training them to be agents of change in their communities.
Students For Liberty is currently seeking a passionate and professional individual to serve as North American Programs Associate. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the North American Programs Director, and managing or contributing to Coordinator Program growth, trainings, retreats, organizing, and activism. This role requires experience with program or project management, training and supervising staff or volunteers, organizing events, and the ability to keep a volunteer team engaged, motivated, and results-focused.
The North American Programs Associate will be responsible for recruiting, interviewing, training, managing, and mentoring SFL program participants. The Associate will also run recruiting campaigns, organize meetings and multi-day training retreats to organize activities both in local communities and virtually, and assist in program management elsewhere as needed.
A successful candidate will have a firm commitment to libertarian ideas and to SFL’s vision and mission statements.
- Management of Coordinator Programs
- Organize and ensure professional development for program participants
- Organize formal meetings and leadership retreats
- Support and implement recruitment and training for Coordinator Programs
- Complete administrative tasks to further SFL’s growth and development
- Uphold SFL’s values, culture, and brand
- Collaboration with students program participants and staff to achieve the region’s objectives
The following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Living and working in the United States or Canada
- Familiarity with the network of pro-liberty groups and individuals
- Volunteer management experience
- Ability to balance many different programs while maintaining attention to detail
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Integrity, humility, and intellectual honesty
- Positive solution-focused outlook
- Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary
- Familiarity with G-Suite, and use of collaborative document tools
- Ability to show discretion
- Ability to self-motivate, work autonomously, and show entrepreneurial drive in a remote work environment
- Willingness to travel periodically
Anyone interested in applying for the North American Programs Director position should submit application materials to Mike Avi, North American Programs Director at [email protected].
Application materials should include in a single .pdf document:
- Motivation Letter
Deadline: Monday, January 18th
We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider on a rolling basis.
What does working for Students For Liberty mean?
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL is similar to working at a startup. We pride ourselves on fast growth, hard work, quick advancement to a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, embracing entrepreneurship within the organization, and a passion for liberty.
In addition to compensation, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff have the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities.