About the Role
Students For Liberty (SFL) seeks an experienced specialist to assist in improving and upgrading our existing gamification model. SFL has been pioneering in the adoption of gamification principles to better engage our volunteers, identify talent, and reward top performers, and has already achieved a lot of success. SFL built an in-house, organic solution with purpose-built tools and improved procedures aimed to encourage our volunteers to take huge meaningful actions and become future success stories.
There are a number of persistent issues that SFL has as yet been unsatisfactorily able to solve; classification of users with different roles and responsibilities; addition of points categories and processes; evolving incentives structure; and levels are all areas of interest that fall under the wheelhouse of this scope of work. The successful candidate will work closely with the Directors of Training and Systems, conduct an analysis of the existing model, identify and solve specific problems within the given timeframe.
Students For Liberty is the largest international pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and 55 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top students, and training them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,400 events with over 600,000 people in attendance. We are a remote, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the US and around the world.
Remote Project-Based Short Term Contract
Jan/Feb – Apr/May
(3 months approx)
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Assess, analyze existing processes and proactively solve identified issues.
- Work to tight deadlines with all deliverables in place by the end of April 2022.
- Develop solutions that complement and work with existing tools and processes.
- Design gamification strategies that lead to desired behaviors and increased incentivization for users.
- Consult on existing products to implement and improve engagement and stickiness metrics
- Communicate and create wireframes/UX observations for visual designers.
- Leverage curriculum concepts and frameworks to create learning experiences.
- Work closely with the technology team on implementation and integration.
- Coming up with new game ideas to add value to the offering.
- 1-5 years of experience using data analytics and gamification.
- Extremely data-centric.
- Experience working with products that include gamification features, student calibration, mastery, evaluation, progress visualization, and knowledge retention.
- Experience generating outstanding results.
- Ability to utilize user insights, data, and statistical analyses to inform decisions
- An instinct for creating simple and intuitive user experiences
- Proven ability to learn fast
- High degree of autonomy
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and innovative
- Experience with self-learning and invisible learning systems.
Scope of Work
- Review and report qualified assessment of existing model/procedures.
- Solve roles classification issues.
- Improve and introduce processes for gamifying further specific activities.
- Review and assess badges and certificates.
- Explore options for the introduction of stronger incentives.
- Introduce ‘levels’ as a new feature of existing gamification processes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 2+ years experience working in gamification systems development.
- Proven track record working in a similar field.
- Broad knowledge of gamification features, tools, and
- Experience working with volunteers is an advantage.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Design, or related field.
- Professional experience / education / certification in design and data analysis, Growth hacking, pragmatic marketing, product management is preferred.
- Cover letter detailing examples of work relevant to this project, pro-rata salary range
- (Optional) Portfolio with examples of past work
We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider. At later stages of the interview process, we kindly ask you to provide references from past co-workers and supervisors to us.
January 21st, 2022