What does it mean to work for SFL?
- Experience a fully remote workplace: work from anywhere in the world with extremely flexible hours
- Utilize SFL grants to grow your professional skills
- Advance in the organization as you grow
- Take over 3 weeks of extremely flexible paid time off
- Get paid to spread the values of liberty
- Join an international community of staff from every corner of the globe
- Travel to staff retreats and other SFL events in exotic locations
About the Organization
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and over 70 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of identifying the top students and then empowering them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,700 events with over 600,000 people in attendance. We are a fully virtual, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the U.S. and around the world.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL means flexibility, meaningful work, and autonomy. We pride ourselves on growth, hard work, advancement opportunities, embracing entrepreneurship, and a passion for the product: liberty.
Additionally, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff has the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities for staff at all levels of the organization.
Students For Liberty is seeking an experienced project manager who will work full-time managing and executing the strategic plan and budget for an exciting new Free-Market Environmentalism (FME) program.
The FME program manager will play a pivotal role in ensuring the success and defining the contours of the program. The program manager will oversee and facilitate all FME-related activities, including events globally, incubator, recruitment of participants, and coordinate mentorship with world-class leaders in a variety of fields. The FME program manager will report to the Director of Programs. The position is remote and location-independent.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of the FME program initiatives including implementation of the FME incubator summit, application and selection of participants.
- Oversee the development and evaluation of the new curriculum. Conduct research and consult with the Director, staff, partners, and other appropriate stakeholders in the design and development of the curriculum.
- Ensure the effective management of the selection processes, including working with the regional teams to develop recruitment and selection goals, strategy, and work plans.
- Provide oversight for the entire FME program
- Develop and maintain relationships with program partners, and facilitators
- Design the cohort calendar and schedule training dates for the participants
- 5+ years of program and event management experience in complex hybrid program delivery
- 3+ years of experience in leading and building teams
- Commitment to Classical Liberalism
- Familiarity with Google Systems, GSuite
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and plan ahead
- Ability to manage your own time and work independently
- Fluent in English, additional languages (Portuguese or Spanish) are an advantage
- Knowledge of free-market approaches to solving environmental issues
Anyone interested in applying FME program manager position should submit a cover letter and CV to Olumayowa Okediran at [email protected]. We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider. At later stages of the interview process, we may ask you to provide us with references from past co-workers and/or supervisors.