About the Organization
Students For Liberty is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with student leaders spanning well over 100 countries on every inhabited continent. Sixty-five full-time staff members from around the world support students in spreading the ideas of liberty. You could be one of us! Students For Liberty provides a unique work environment that is based on trust, entrepreneurship, and flexibility. SFL also provides personal development opportunities.
About the Role
The Foundation Relations Officer will author proposals and build personal relationships with foundation representatives. Given that, ideal candidates for this role are excellent writers who can digest a large-scale mission and notable metrics into succinct, brief reports. This Foundation Relations Officer will also be someone who excels at building relationships. Reporting directly to the Director of Development, this role is fully remote.
- Work with people from around the world to gather the information necessary to write exciting proposals and reports for existing donors;
- Conceptualize and draft impactful letters of inquiry to prospective foundation donors;
- Interact with programs staff to prepare grant requests, budgets, timelines and reports with space for conceptual freedom;
- Work with upper-level management, including the CEO on large proposals;
- The ability to take ownership and successfully track grant prospects and submissions;
- Manage our foundations database.
- At least 2 years of experience in fundraising, ideally grant-writing (private sector experience is welcomed);
- Ability to travel within the USA 10-30% of the time;
- Commitment to the ideas of liberty and Student For Liberty’s work;
- A proven track record of effectiveness as a writer;
- Detail-oriented and meticulous in your work;
- Ability to multitask, organize numerous moving parts of a project, and meet deadlines;
- Positive, goal-oriented outlook;
- Experience with CRMs, ideally Salesforce;
- Fluency in English;
- Ability to work independently and balance many different projects while maintaining attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Critical thinking skills;
- G Suite proficiency.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your salary requirements, your interest in the mission of the SFL and the ideas of liberty, and your applicable experience;
- 1 page general grant proposal in Student’s for Liberty’s name for a fictitious Foundation.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
At the later stages of the interview process, should you reach them, we will ask you to provide references from past co-workers and supervisors.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.