About Students For Liberty:
Students For Liberty (SFL) is an international non-profit organization working to advance the ideas of liberty on college campuses around the globe. SFL is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world in terms of leaders, active countries, events, and groups.
SFL supports pro-liberty students by fostering a welcoming community, providing high-quality leadership training, hosting 1000s of events, and incubating innovative new projects to spread the ideas of liberty.
Enthusiastic volunteers supported by entrepreneurial staff have allowed SFL to constantly grow and expand while keeping the organizational structures decentralised and as lean as possible.
Working for SFL is similar to working at a tech startup. We pride ourselves on fast growth, hard work, quick advancement to a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, embracing entrepreneurship within the organization with a passion for our product: liberty.
About the Role:
European Students For Liberty (ESFL) is seeking a passionate, self-motivated, and professional individual to join the ESFL team as our new European Events Associate. The role involves working with SFL volunteers across Europe and a team of staff from across the globe. The position is remote with occasional international travel required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of all ESFL student conferences, online events, and training retreats in Europe, ensuring that all logistics and coordination are handled efficiently and within budget. The ESFL Events Associate will report directly to the European Programs Director and ensure pre-agreed targets and goals are being met on a regular basis.
In addition to supporting and facilitating the conferences and events of our volunteer network, the Events Associate will also be responsible for organizing our premiere Europe-wide annual conference: LibertyCon.
The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to the ideals of liberty and an understanding of SFL’s work, mission, and vision.
- Planning and execution of all event related activities for ESFL
- Evaluate and manage all event proposals and reports
- Develop trainings and supports for our volunteer network
- Assist programs staff with logistical planning of leadership retreats
- Ensure that all logistics and coordination are handled efficiently, and costs remain in budget
- Adhere to SFL’s policies while representing our values, culture, and brand
Qualifications of an Ideal Candidate:
The following qualifications are required:
- A high proficiency in written and verbal English
- Creative and innovative approach to tasks and problem-solving
- Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with an ambitious, goal-oriented outlook
- Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team and
- Ability to self-motivate and to work autonomously in a remote work environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage shifting priorities
- Willingness to travel
- High proficiency with Google Office Suite and/or Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the effective use of Social Media platforms and online communication tools
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor degree (or higher)
- Previous experience in events management
- Previous involvement with Students For Liberty
- Previous experience with events tools/platforms
- Fluency in other European languages
- Experience in volunteer management
- Experience in event organizing (large or small-scale events)
- Communication and soft skills
- Ability to be autonomous and self-starting
- Strong leadership ability
- International work experience
Interested candidates can apply for ESFL’s Events Associate position by submitting a letter of motivation along with a current resume to the hiring manager at [email protected].
We will conduct interviews on a rolling basis and reach out to all candidates whose application we wish to consider.