Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in well over 100 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and over 60 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty.
Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top students, and training them to be agents of change in their communities.
Students For Liberty (SFL) is looking for a passionate individual to join SFL’s Marketing Team as an Email Marketing Specialist. This is a full-time position and is 100% remote.
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing and executing Students For Liberty’s email marketing strategy, which includes (but is not limited to): creating and reporting on the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns, crafting and following an email communications calendar, coordinating with departments to schedule, test, and report on marketing emails, ensuring emails are optimized and consistent with SFL branding, audience segmentation according to personas and interests, and utilizing best practices for maintaining superior email list hygiene.
The Email Marketing Specialist will work closely with our Communications, IT, and Programs teams on building our contact database, growing our email performance, and nurturing our future student volunteers and donors through a series of drip campaigns.
As an Email Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and expanding on SFL’s email marketing strategy
- Creating and monitoring all of SFL’s email marketing campaigns
- Ensuring that our email layouts are optimized in accordance with SFL’s brand guidelines and email policy
- Creating and maintaining an email marketing calendar
- Running and analyzing A/B tests to optimize email performance
- Developing and launching drip marketing campaigns
- Managing SFL’s prospect lists
- Delivering a monthly report on email performance, which includes the open rate, click-through rate, click to open ratio, unsubscribe rate, and bounce rate
- Researching best practices and implementing them in SFL’s email marketing strategy
- Occasionally providing training and consulting on email marketing best practices to SFL volunteers and staff
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Prior experience with email marketing tools is required (e.g. MailChimp, Hubspot, Pardot, etc.)
- Fluency in English and excellent written communication skills; skills in copy editing and proofreading will be a plus
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Drive, Sheets, etc.)
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator is preferred
- Strong commitment to Students For Liberty’s vision and values, as well as knowledge of classical liberal philosophy
- Previous involvement with Students For Liberty is a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
- Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV)/resume and a cover letter to Emma Balogh at [email protected] with the subject line “Email Marketing Specialist Application.”
There is no deadline for the position. We will review each application on a rolling basis. While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
What does working for Students For Liberty mean?
The Students For Liberty team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL is similar to working at a startup. We pride ourselves on fast growth, hard work, quick advancement to a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, embracing entrepreneurship within the organization, and a passion for liberty.
In addition to compensation, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff have the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities.