Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in well over 100 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and over 60 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top students, and training them to be agents of change in their communities. Last year, our students organized over 2,700 events with over 120,000 people in attendance. We are a remote, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse group in the US and around the world.
About the Position
Students For Liberty is looking for a Donor Relations Manager who will work full time on the development (fundraising) team, focused to cultivate the existing donors of the organization. The purpose of this role is to have somebody who specializes in engaging current donors via phone, email, and mail.
- 60% of time spent on cultivating and reaching out to the current donors
- 30% of time spent on data management and logging of information
- 10% of time spent on other associated tasks as needed
SFL has sophisticated systems in place and a great product. Our development department has a well-maintained and utilized database in place as well as a thought-through division of labor among the team members. Our data, dashboards, and process documentation are in a great state. The development team is passionate and always willing to learn, grow, and adapt. Donor Relations Manager will have opportunities to set-up new subsystems and implement new ideas.
The position is fully remote. However, the job requires the ability to send a lot of physical mail within the United States. Travel within the US or internationally is optional.
What does working for Students For Liberty mean?
The Students For Liberty team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources. Working for SFL is similar to working at a startup. We pride ourselves on fast growth, hard work, quick advancement to a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, embracing entrepreneurship within the organization, and a passion for liberty. In addition to compensation, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff have the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities.
- Sharing our success with our donors; in writing and over the phone
- Processing and logging information in Salesforce
- Cultivating and building relationships with our current donor base, primarily focusing on major donors
- Scheduling in-person meetings and calls between donors and the CEO
- Engaging in organized outreach campaigns and initiatives (direct mail, email, blog posts) to large numbers of donors
- Executing written communications to donors
- Strong interest in people and impeccable listening skills
- Philosophical alignment with the mission of Students For Liberty
- Experience in cooperating as part of a larger team
- Systematic approach to engaging hundreds of donors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative approaches to outreach and engagement
- Experienced with Salesforce or a willingness to learn Salesforce (CRM)
- Ability to be autonomous and entrepreneurial
- Ability to engage with persons of a range of backgrounds and interests
- 2-5 years of development (fundraising) experience preferred
SFL pays a competitive salary commensurate with experience and provides excellent benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position
- Link to a YouTube video of you telling how you would pitch SFL to a new or prospective donor based on what you can read on the SFL website. The video must be less than 2 minutes, submissions over 2 minutes will not be reviewed
Applications should be submitted to Jan Skapa over email: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.