Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest international pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and 55 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top students, and training them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,400 events with over 600,000 people in attendance. We are a remote, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the US and around the world.
About the Role
Students For Liberty is seeking an experienced Director of Success Stories and Alumni programs. In this role, this person will set and guide the strategy for SFL’s alumni programs to ensure that SFL tells the incredible stories of the success of both SFL Coordinators and Alumni. In this role, you have the opportunity to meet the most up-and-coming leaders of liberty and get to tell their stories through interviewing, writing, and storytelling. The Director of Success Stories and Alumni programs will report to the Director of Student Programs and will work entirely virtually. The Director of Success Stories and Alumni programs will also work closely together with our IT team who is world-class in managing dozens of websites, databases, and other tools benefiting the marketing department as well as the Communications and Programs teams. A significant part of this role includes managing communications and storytelling vendor.
Full-Time Contractor (Remote)
- Manage storytelling collection and development
- Oversee Alumni programs and alumni relations
- Manage the coordination and collection of stories from the various regions of SFL
- Maintain and leverage relationships with related organizations in the region
- Develop and implement the strategic plan for Success Stories and Alumni programs including the budget
Qualities of an Ideal Candidate
- Passion for SFL’s mission, our values, and our core principles
- 5+ years of work experience
- Versatility to be both a self-starter who takes initiative and a strong team member
- Ability to persuasively articulate the benefits of a free society and describe Student’s For Liberty’s role in achieving it
- Experience collaborating with creative teams through the briefing, print and production process
- Impeccable writing abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Journalistic and/or interviewing experience preferred
- Storytelling abilities and established media relations are a huge plus
Anyone interested in applying for the Director of Success Stories and Alumni Programs position should submit the Resume and Cover Letter explaining how the applicant’s skills, experience, and future goals are applied directly to this position and how those skills relate to the mission of Students For Liberty in one PDF document to [email protected]. We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider. At later stages of the interview process, we kindly ask you to provide references from past co-workers and supervisors to us.
The application deadline is June 12th, 2021 but we will conduct interviews and selection on a rolling basis.
What does working for Students For Liberty mean?
Students For Liberty (SFL) is a US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. Students For Liberty has grown rapidly across the globe in less than half a decade. Passionate volunteers supported by our worldwide staff have allowed SFL to constantly grow and expand while keeping the organizational structures as lean as possible.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL is similar to working at a startup. We pride ourselves on fast growth, hard work, quick advancement to a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, embracing entrepreneurship within the organization, and a passion for liberty.
In addition to compensation, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff has the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities.