Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and 55 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top students, and training them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,400 events with over 600,000 people in attendance. We are a remote, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the US and around the world.
European Students For Liberty, a region within Students For Liberty, is currently recruiting for a new Programs Director. The Programs Director will lead the ESFL staff team in all aspects of their work, including programs, volunteer management, events, strategic planning, budgeting and accomplishing team goals.
As the face of ESFL, the successful candidate will be a leader among leaders, responsible for supporting and developing team members, and provide an example of leadership and professionalism for our 100s of volunteers across the continent. While we have key-goals, capabilities, and expectations, we give our staff a lot of freedom, encouraging creativity and innovation in all of our work.
Full-Time Contractor (Remote)
- Setting and executing strategy for European operations in furtherance of SFL’s wider goals and objectives.
- Budget management, tracking, and accounting.
- Managing a team of three other European staffers with various capabilities.
- Attention to detail in administrative tracking and reporting.
- Developing or assisting in the development of new programs and training in furtherance of SFL’s mission and vision.
- Managing campaigns.
- Building and maintaining a number of highly functioning teams of volunteers.
- Promoting SFL’s culture and values both internally and externally.
- Public speaking at conferences and delivering in-person training.
- Be an expert in SFL’s policies, processes, and guidelines while ensuring these are met to a high and consistent standard at all times.
- Setting an example of leadership and professionalism for our volunteers, stakeholders, and as a face of ESFL.
- Liaising with and developing relationships with other departments and partner organizations.
- Working with the Development Team to identify and secure funding opportunities.
- Passion for SFL’s mission, our values, and our core principles
- University degree.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in volunteer management and/or leading a dynamic team.
- Fluency in English with excellent written, verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Critical thinking and a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to work autonomously with entrepreneurial drive.
- Ready to work flexible hours and travel according to need.
- Proficiency with all G-Suite tools.
- Ability to build and manage spreadsheets for data tracking, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience in public speaking, event planning, leadership development, fundraising, mediation or resolution management, community building, training development, student activism, or campaign management will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates can submit a Cover Letter and Resume complete with references in PDF format to the hiring manager: Kevin Flanagan [email protected]
In your Cover Letter, please mention your interest in the ideas of liberty and Students For Liberty, why you are applying for this role, along with examples of your relevant experience.
We will reach out to those candidates whose applications we wish to consider further.
Students For Liberty is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
June 6th, 2021