What does it mean to work for SFL?
- Experience a fully remote workplace: work from anywhere in the world with extremely flexible hours
- Utilize SFL grants to grow your professional skills
- Advance in the organization as you grow
- Take over 3 weeks of extremely flexible paid time off
- Get paid to spread the values of liberty
- Join an international community of staff from every corner of the globe
- Travel to staff retreats and other SFL events in exotic locations
About the Organization
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and over 70 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of identifying the top students and then empowering them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,700 events with over 600,000 people in attendance. We are a fully virtual, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the U.S. and around the world.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL means flexibility, meaningful work, and autonomy. We pride ourselves on growth, hard work, advancement opportunities, embracing entrepreneurship, and a passion for the product: liberty.
Additionally, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff has the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities for staff at all levels of the organization.
About the Fellowship
Students For Liberty is launching its Prometheus Fellowship program to offer its most promising students the highest level of education, training, and mentorship and equip them with the philosophical and practical education necessary to have a dramatic impact in their professional and personal lives thereby change the world.
This highly selective global program has participants from over 15 fields of study and 26 countries. The first year of the program will feature independent and partner study of selected material, group study sessions led by world-class experts, in-person seminars twice each year, and a mentorship program with successful pro-liberty leaders.
The goal of the program is to produce a cadre of sophisticated students educated in rational philosophy, Objectivism, and practical skills to become leaders of liberty in all aspects of society.
Students For Liberty is seeking an experienced mentoring program manager to serve as Career Guidance & Mentorship Manager.
The person has to keep an eye on the progress of the program and make sure that it is on the right track. They coordinate with mentors and mentees to ensure they are engaging in the mentoring sessions regularly. They evaluate the program’s success, and mentees’ progress, and collect formal and informal feedback from participants.
The program manager will create policies for the participants to follow in order to run the program smoothly. They decide the structure of the program, the frequency of mentor-mentee meetings, the tenure of the program, and the tools or software to use for the program.
The Career Guidance & Mentorship Manager will report directly to the Prometheus Fellowship Program Director.
- Promotes the program and ensures commitment from the organization
- Creates policies for the program
- Ensures all the information is protected
- Provides appropriate resources for the participants
- Evaluate and measure program engagement
- Report constantly to the Program Director
- Develop and maintain relationships with program partners, and facilitators
- 3+ years of program and event management experience in complex hybrid program delivery
- 2+ years of experience in building mentorship programs
- Commitment to Classical Liberalism
- Familiarity with Google Systems, GSuite
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and plan ahead
- Ability to manage your own time and work independently
- Fluent in English, additional languages (Portuguese or Spanish) are an advantage
- Knowledge of Objectivism and philosophy is a plus
Qualified candidates should submit their CV and a cover letter in a single PDF document. Be sure to include how you found this job listing in your cover letter.
Applications should be submitted to Andre Freo at [email protected] with the subject line ”Career Guidance & Mentorship Manager”.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.