Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest libertarian student organization globally, with students active in well over 100 countries on every inhabited continent. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top student leaders and training them to be agents of change in their communities.
Students For Liberty is currently seeking a passionate and professional individual to serve as Brazilian Programs Manager. This is a full-time position managing the coordinator programs. Our volunteers receive education about liberty ideas and soft skills and receive support to develop pro-liberty projects. This role requires volunteer and/or staff management experience, program management experience, and expert ability to keep a team engaged, motivated, and results-focused.
The Brazilian Programs Manager will be responsible for shaping and leading consistent progress toward accomplishing the goals set out in Brazil’s community strategy. Also, He/She will manage the Brazilian Programs team in all three areas of its work, including events, training, and project development. In addition, the Manager will be responsible for the relationship with significant student groups and institutions, fostering constant communication with program participants and activists across Brazil, and report the best activities done by coordinators.
A successful candidate will have a firm commitment to libertarian ideas and SFL’s vision and mission statements.
- Manage the Brazilian Coordinator Programs
- Ensure successful progress toward goals laid out in the current Brazilian Strategic Plan
- Propose changes to improve the Coordinator Program continuously
- Oversee all activities related to the Coordinator Success
- Identify and connect with high-quality students and success stories
- Oversee growth of the organization across Brazil
- Maintain and leverage relationships with students groups
- Oversee the creation and execution of training sessions, institutional events, and online courses
The following qualifications are required:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both Portuguese and English
- Living and working in Brazil
- Familiarity with the network of pro-liberty groups and individuals in Brazil
- Volunteer and or professional management experience
- Program management experience
- Ability to balance many different programs while maintaining attention to detail
- Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Positive, goal-oriented outlook
- Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary
- Familiarity with G-Suite, and use of collaborative document tools
- Integrity and ability to show discretion
Anyone interested in applying for the Brazilian Programs Manager position should submit application materials in English to the Brazilian Programs Director Nycollas Liberato at [email protected]
Application materials should include:
- Motivation Letter
Deadline: Wednesday, May 12th.
We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider.
What does working for Students For Liberty mean?
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a more accessible place. SFL team members go the extra mile to ensure that more students worldwide can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL is similar to working at a startup. We pride ourselves on fast growth, hard work, quick advancement to a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, embracing entrepreneurship within the organization, and a passion for liberty.
In addition to compensation, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff can grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities.