Brazilian Events Associate
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest libertarian student organization in the world with student leaders spanning well over 100 countries on every inhabited continent. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top student leaders and training them to be agents of change in their communities.
Students For Liberty is currently seeking a passionate and professional individual to serve as Brazilian Events Associate. This is a full-time position supporting campus & local events, state conferences, LibertyCon Brasil, and issue campaigns which the organization and program participants run throughout the year. The position will also be responsible for events data collection and reporting within SFL’s international structure.
A successful candidate will have a firm commitment to libertarian ideas and to SFL’s mission to educate, develop and empower the next generation of leaders for liberty.
- Train and consult student leadership in effective planning and execution of campus events, academic colloquia, state conferences, and other events and projects.
- Ensure accurate and timely data collection and reporting of events.
- Ensure students’ engagement and positive experience within the organization.
- Feed the Communication team with activities that will go into the SFLB newsletter.
- Support organization and execution of issue campaigns in Brazil.
- Support the Brazilian Programs Manager running LibertyCon Brazil.
QUALITIES OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE
The following qualifications are required:
- Event planning experience
- Bi-lingual in English and Portuguese
- Volunteer or people management experience
- Project management experience
- Ability to balance many different programs while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Positive, goal-oriented outlook
- Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary
- High proficiency with Google Office Suite
- Knowledge of the effective use of Social Media platforms and online communication tools
- Ability to show discretion
- Ability to self-motivate, work autonomously, and show the entrepreneurial drive in a remote work environment
- Flexibility and team-focus in prioritizing, organizing, and pitching in on projects and tasks
- Willingness to travel frequently
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate life experience
- Previous involvement with Students For Liberty
Anyone interested in applying for the Brazilian Events Associate position should submit a cover letter and CV to Deborah Bizarria at [email protected].
Application materials should include:
- Cover Letter
- Brief explanation of the most important steps in the event planning process
We will conduct interviews and selection on a rolling basis. We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider. The application deadline is March 21th, 2021.