Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world, with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and 55 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top students, and training them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,300 events with over 570,000 people in attendance. We are a remote, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the US and around the world.
Asia Pacific Students For Liberty (APAC-SFL) is a region within SFL that is now looking for a Programs Associate who will work full-time managing and executing the strategic plan and budget for the 80+ SFL volunteer leaders in the Asia Pacific region.
The Programs Associate will be responsible for SFLs growth in new sub-regions. He or she will run activism and educational events, keeping constant communication with dozens of activists across states and countries and serving as a role model to the incoming generations of pro- liberty activists.
The Programs Associate will also be in charge of co-managing and providing support to Asia Pacific social media platforms. The position is based in South Asia/East Asia and requires traveling throughout the region.
- Oversee the growth of the organization in new cities, states, and countries
- Oversee and support the Advanced Leadership Team
- Support the leadership by assisting in events, retreats, and academic/leadership fora
- Perform responsibilities assigned by the Programs Manager
- Manage marketing and communication
- Initiate and anchor new programs, publications, or projects
Qualities of an Ideal Candidate
- Experience in volunteer and/or people management
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work autonomously with entrepreneurial drive
- Full proficiency in English
- Bachelor Degree required
- Knowledge of the effective use of social media platforms
- Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary
- Familiarity with G-Suite, and use of collaborative document tools
- Integrity and ability to show discretion
Anyone interested in applying for the Asia Pacific Program Associate position should submit a cover letter and CV to Andrés Pino at [email protected] and Ayemen Fatima at [email protected]. We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider. At later stages of the interview process, we kindly ask you to provide us with references from past co-workers and supervisors.
The application deadline is January 30th, 2022.
What does working for Students For Liberty mean?
Students For Liberty (SFL) is a US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. Students For Liberty has grown rapidly across the globe in less than half a decade. Passionate volunteers supported by our worldwide staff have allowed SFL to constantly grow and expand while keeping the organizational structures as lean as possible.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL is similar to working at a startup. We pride ourselves on fast growth, hard work, quick advancement to a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, embracing entrepreneurship within the organization, and a passion for liberty.
In addition to the compensation, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff have the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities.