What does it mean to work for SFL?
- Experience a fully remote workplace: work from anywhere in the world with extremely flexible hours
- Utilize SFL grants to grow your professional skills
- Advance in the organization as you grow
- Take over 3 weeks of extremely flexible paid time off
- Get paid to spread the values of liberty
- Join an international community of staff from every corner of the globe
- Travel to staff retreats and other SFL events in exotic locations
About the Organization
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and over 70 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of identifying the top students and then empowering them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,700 events with over 600,000 people in attendance. We are a fully virtual, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the U.S. and around the world.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL means flexibility, meaningful work, and autonomy. We pride ourselves on growth, hard work, advancement opportunities, embracing entrepreneurship, and a passion for the product: liberty.
Additionally, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff have the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities for staff at all levels of the organization.
Students For Liberty is seeking a motivated and entrepreneurial individual to become SFL’s first Alumni Engagement Associate.
At SFL, we have an alumni network of about 10,000 leaders for liberty, including elected officials, entrepreneurs, and think tank leaders. Because of this, we are currently building a department exclusively focused on establishing alumni initiatives, turbocharging existing projects, and overall, strengthening our alumni network. By doing so, our alumni will be able to produce an even bigger impact in their communities, industries, and nations.
Our Alumni Engagement Associate will thus work on this task of building SFL’s Alumni Department, reporting directly to Jorge Jraissati, SFL’s Director of Alumni. Specifically, as an associate to Mr. Jraissati, you will assist him in tasks such as (i) building detailed processes for the creation of alumni initiatives, (ii) enhancing the connectivity of the network, especially through online mechanisms, (iii) keeping an eye on the network’s updates and projects, (iv) propose concrete initiatives for the network, and (v) collecting the most important updates and stories from the alumni network, among others.
- Years of experience volunteering for Students For Liberty, thus familiarity with SFL as an organization.
- Strong connections with current and future members of our alumni network.
- We are looking for someone with demonstrable leadership experience, namely, a proven record of extraordinary abilities.
- For this position, we need someone with perfect communication skills, especially writing skills.
- Perfect English is required, especially in regards to writing skills. Writing samples and prior writing experience will be asked for.
- We need someone who lives by our organizational values of Humility, Ownership, Professionalism, and Entrepreneurship (HOPE). Among these values, entrepreneurship is especially important for the position.
- Given Mr. Jraissati’s familiarity with the Western Hemisphere, it would be ideal if the position is filled with someone with experience in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific. However, this is an observation, not a requirement.
- Social media experience is ideal.
- Impeccable organization skills.
- Excellent self-management skills to work remotely in an effective manner.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and plan ahead.
- Perfect English is required.
- Additional languages such as Spanish or Portuguese are an advantage.
Qualified candidates should submit their CV and a cover letter in a single PDF document. Be sure to include how you found this job listing in your cover letter. Applications should be submitted to Jorge Jraissati at [email protected] with the subject line ”Alumni Engagement Associate”
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.