About the Organization
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world, with students active in 113 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and 88+ full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top students, and training them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized 1,900 events with over 215,000 people in attendance. We are a remote, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the US and around the world.
South Asia Students For Liberty (SASFL) is a region within SFL that is now looking for a Programs Associate who will work full-time managing and executing the strategic plan and budget for the 260+ SFL volunteer leaders spread across eight countries in South Asia, including Afghanistan, Bhutan and Maldives.
About the Role:
The Programs Associate will be responsible for SFL’s growth in new sub-regions. They will run activism and educational events, keeping constant communication with dozens of activists across states and countries and serving as a role model to the incoming generations of pro-liberty activists. The Programs Associate will also be in charge of co-managing and providing support to SASFL’s social media platforms. The position is based in South Asia and may require traveling throughout the South Asia region.
Full-Time Contractor (Remote)
- Oversee the growth of the organisation in new campuses and places.
- Oversee and support the Advanced Leadership Team and Local Coordinators.
- Support the leadership by assisting in events, retreats and academic/leadership fora.
- Develop communication strategies (including content creation) to promote programs, events, and campaigns to SFL student volunteers, external audiences, and allies.
- Oversee the regular content of social media platforms, collect metrics, and issue monthly reports.
- Collect results and send monthly newsletters with upcoming & outstanding events and exciting updates for the network.
- Oversee the management of SASFL Blog and similar initiatives.
- Report to the Programs Manager.
- Perform responsibilities assigned by the Programs Manager.
- Manage SASFL’s marketing and communication.
- Initiate and anchor new programs, publications or projects.
- Uphold SFL’s values, culture, and brand.
- Complete administrative tasks to further SFL’s growth and development
- A strong alignment with the philosophy of liberty and SFL’s mission and vision.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in volunteer or staff management and/or grassroots activism.
- Full proficiency in English
- Bachelor Degree required
- Excellent efficiency with G-Suite, and use of collaborative document tools.
- Ability to build and manage systematic spreadsheets for data tracking, analysis, and reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of the effective use of Social Media platforms.
- Adequate graphic design skills using software such as Canva and Photopea.
- Ability to balance many different programs while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Creative approach to problem-solving and a positive solution-focused outlook
- Ability to self-motivate, work autonomously, and show entrepreneurial drive in a remote work environment.
- Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary.
- Integrity and ability to show discretion.
- Willingness to travel periodically for work. ~5%.
Anyone interested in applying for South Asia Program Associate position should submit a cover letter and CV to Dennis Jose [email protected] ([email protected] in CC). We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider. At later stages of the interview process, we may ask you to provide us with references from past co-workers and/or supervisors.
The applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
What does working for Students For Liberty mean?
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL staff members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
More than that, SFL offers exclusive benefits for staff:
- Utilize SFL professional development grants to grow your professional skills
- Advance in the organization as you grow.
- Experience a fully remote workplace:
- Take over 3 weeks of extremely flexible paid time off.
- Get paid to spread the values of liberty.
- Travel to staff retreats and other SFL events in exotic locations.