What does it mean to work for SFL?
Be part of the team that will #FreeTheWorld!
Working on Students For Liberty means spreading liberty to the whole world.
SFL is present in all inhabited continents, empowering, educating, and evolving the next generation of leaders of liberty.
At the Programs Department, you will join a supranational team dedicated to promoting SFL volunteers’ actions and championing freedom. You’ll have the unique opportunity to work with people from worldwide.
More than that, SFL offers exclusive benefits for employees:
- Experience a fully remote workplace: work from anywhere in the world with extremely flexible hours
- Utilize SFL grants to grow your professional skills
- Advance in the organization as you grow
- Take over 3 weeks of extremely flexible paid time off
- Get paid to spread the values of liberty
- Travel to staff retreats and other SFL events in exotic locations
We are seeking a highly motivated Programs Associate with deep knowledge in Objectivism and Rational Philosophy to join our team. The ideal candidate will have the ability to apply their philosophical expertise in practical ways, contributing to the development and enhancement of the organization’s programs while deeply caring for Students For Liberty’s values: humility, ownership, professionalism, and entrepreneurship.
- Provide philosophical guidance to students from all over the world based on Objectivism and rational philosophy to influence events and training programs in different levels of the organization;
- Create and review educational materials, articles, and resources related to Objectivism and Rational Philosophy for internal and external use;
- Design and deliver training, workshops, and sessions that help students and team members advance their learnings on Objectivism and Rational Philosophy;
- Manage the needs of local teams responsible for executing Objectivism-related events
- Create and organize students from around the world interested in Objectivism through reading challenges and creative activities that stimulate students’ curiosity, engagement, and dedication;
- Develop and/or update educational curricula for training programs (New Frontiers of Objectivism, Prometheus Fellowship Program, and Life of Liberty)
- Experience in volunteer and/or people management
- Excellent communication and soft skills
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to be autonomous and entrepreneurial
- Full proficiency in English
- Demonstrated philosophical background and expertise
- High level of Word, Excel and, Powerpoint proficiency
- Proficiency with G Suite
- Excellent reporting skills
- Experience in project management
- Experience in instructional design
- Experience in group creation and management
- Experience in speaking at events
- Willingness to travel periodically
Please include references, your permission to contact those references and your salary requirements.
In the cover letter, please include your interest in the ideas of liberty, your interest in both Students For Liberty and the role, and your experiences introducing Objectivism and Rational Philosophy to new and young audiences.
Any recordings of trainings conducted on philosophical topics can and should be added to the application.
We will conduct interviews and selection on a rolling basis, and we will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider.
About Students For Liberty
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and over 70 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of identifying the top students and then empowering them to be agents of change in their communities.
Last school year, our students organized over 2,700 events with over 600,000 people in attendance. We are a fully virtual, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the U.S. and around the world.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world freer. SFL team members go the extra mile to ensure that more students worldwide can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL means flexibility, meaningful work, and autonomy. We pride ourselves on growth, hard work, advancement opportunities, embracing entrepreneurship, and a passion for the product: liberty.
Additionally, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff has the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities for staff at all levels of the organization.