About the Organization
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 113 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and over 88 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of identifying the top students and then empowering them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 1,900 events with over 215,000 people in attendance. We are a fully virtual, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the U.S. and around the world.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources. Working for SFL means flexibility, meaningful work, and autonomy. We pride ourselves on growth, hard work, advancement opportunities, embracing entrepreneurship, and a passion for the product: liberty. Additionally, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff has the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities for staff at all levels of the organization.
Educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty.
A global network of leaders advancing liberty in all aspects of society.
Benefits of Working at SFL
- Fully remote workplace: work from anywhere in the world
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- SFL grants to grow your professional skills
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization as you grow
- Over 3 weeks of paid time off
- An international community of staff from every corner of the globe
- Travel to staff retreats and other SFL events in exotic locations
About the Role
Are you a visionary leader with a passion for driving growth and inspiring individuals? Do you have a proven track record of creatively tackling challenges? Are you passionate about libertarian ideas and share in Students For Liberty’s vision and mission statements? We want to hear from you!
SFL’s North American team is expanding! We’re seeking another dynamic and experienced North American Programs Manager to support our growing operations. This individual will be responsible for fostering a community of active volunteers and helping them to develop events, increase membership, and accomplish initiatives. We need a leader who can inspire and motivate a team, while creatively tackling challenges and driving growth. In return, we offer a supportive and dynamic work environment, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to make a real difference in the world.
This is a full-time position that requires volunteer and staff management experience, grassroots experience, and the ability to keep coordinators engaged, motivated, and results-focused. This position is completely virtual and will report to the North American Programs Director.
- Build strong relationships and foster coherent teams of coordinators, leveraging high talent and high-potential leaders to drive growth and innovation within the organization
- Inspire, manage, and coach roughly 10 North American Regional Coordinators (RC’s) both in their capacities within SFL and outside the organization
- Ensure that RC’s are confident in their ability to lead and manage Local Coordinators (LC’s)
- Ensure continuous growth and achievement of goals within budget
- Assist the North American Programs Director with developing future North American Strategic Plans, including setting event and recruitment goals
- Rapidly respond to opportunities to defend freedom within North America with creativity and agility
- Build, maintain, and leverage relationships with related organizations fostering a community of active volunteers to support our mission
- Work closely with SFL’s communications team to ensure effective marketing and communications of SFL’s North American initiatives
- Uphold SFL’s values, culture, and brand, fostering a culture of excellence and innovation
- Work collaboratively with other members of the North American Programs team
- At least 2-3 years of experience in volunteer or staff management and/or grassroots activism
- Proven track record of setting goals and achieving results
- Data-driven and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with G-Suite, and use of collaborative document tools
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to communicate in a clear and efficient way
- Team player who can also work independently
- A strong alignment with SFL’s mission and vision
- Ability to travel to events ~5%
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter explaining why you are qualified for this position, your alignment with the organization’s mission, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Outreach Specialist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.