About the Organization
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and over 70 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of identifying the top students and then empowering them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,700 events with over 600,000 people in attendance. We are a fully virtual, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the U.S. and around the world.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL means flexibility, meaningful work, and autonomy. We pride ourselves on growth, hard work, advancement opportunities, embracing entrepreneurship, and a passion for the product: liberty. Additionally, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff has the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities for staff at all levels of the organization.
About the Role
Students For Liberty is currently seeking a passionate, professional, and articulate individual to serve as our Marketing Manager.
As a Marketing Manager, your primary role will be focused on providing high-quality marketing support to our local chapters in over 100 countries around the world. The role both requires extensive content creation and project management experience. Furthermore, you will utilize data-driven insights, industry trends, and customer sentiments to inform your strategic decisions, keeping our marketing efforts at the cutting edge of innovation. This role demands flexibility and the ability to adapt to growing and evolving responsibilities in our dynamic environment.
This is a full-time remote role reporting to the Director of Marketing. A successful candidate will have strong communication skills and a firm commitment to classical liberal ideas and SFL’s mission statement.
- Designing yearly social media strategies and content calendars that reflect our brand’s voice and meet our marketing objectives.
- Coordinate with specialists, contributors, and contractors, to deliver high-quality content on time and within budget. This includes overseeing the production of original written and visual content for social media, addressing viral trends and supporting content targets.
- Plan, conceptualize, and execute compelling marketing campaigns, coordinating relevant stakeholders for smooth implementation. This includes guiding creative direction and developing creative briefs to align with marketing objectives.
- Provide marketing support for both internal programs and our local chapters. This will involve overseeing marketing operations and support for our programs team across the globe.
- Promote the activities of our students, collecting and sharing updates on student events to SFL’s global channels.
- Regularly compile and analyze market insights, best practices, customer sentiment, and performance metrics to inform strategic decisions.
- Stay current with industry trends and developments, integrating them into our strategies to keep our marketing efforts innovative and effective.
- Additional responsibilities as needed. This role requires flexibility and a willingness to take on tasks beyond the job description as the organization grows and evolves.
- 2-3 years of experience in social media management and digital marketing
- Commitment to SFL’s mission and principles
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Extensive understanding of key social media channels and tools including, but not limited to: Facebook Insights, Facebook Business Manager, IGTV, Instagram Insights, TikTok Analytics, Twitter Analytics, LinkedIn Analytics, Buffer, Google Analytics, and YouTube Analytics
- Familiar with photo editing techniques and software (Canva or Adobe Suite)
- Content curation and creation skills
- Ability to self-motivate, work autonomously, and show entrepreneurial drive in a remote work environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage shifting priorities
- Ability to travel occasionally for regional events – less than 5%
- Previous involvement with nonprofit organizations is a plus
- Previous involvement with Students For Liberty is a plus
What does it mean to work for SFL?
- Experience a fully remote workplace: work from anywhere in the world with extremely flexible hours
- Utilize SFL grants to grow your professional skills
- Advance in the organization as you grow
- Take over 3 weeks of extremely flexible paid time off
- Get paid to spread the values of liberty
- Join an international community of staff from every corner of the globe
- Travel to staff retreats and other SFL events in exotic locations
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your interest in the position, SFL’s mission, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Outreach Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.