South Asia Students For Liberty (SASFL), a region within SFL, is now looking for a Programs Associate who will work full-time on managing the 80+ SFL volunteer leaders in South Asia, aiming to build a freer future.
The Programs Associate will be responsible SFL’s growth in new sub-regions. He or she will run activism and educational events, keeping constant communication with dozens of activists across states and countries and serving as a role model to the incoming generations of pro-liberty activists.
The Programs Associate will also be in charge of co-managing and providing support to SASFL’s social media platforms.The position is based in South Asia, and requires traveling throughout the South Asia region.
- Oversee the growth of the organisation in new cities, states and countries
- Oversee and support the Executive Board’s work
- Support the leadership by assisting in events, retreats and academic/leadership fora
- Manage SASFL’s marketing and communication
- Initiate and anchor new programs, publications or projects
Qualities of an Ideal Candidate
- Experience in volunteer and/or people management
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work autonomously with entrepreneurial drive
- Full proficiency in English
- Bachelor Degree required
- Knowledge of the effective use of Social Media platforms
- High proficiency with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Anyone interested in applying for South Asia Program Associate position should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider. At later stages of the interview process, we kindly ask you to provide references from past co-workers and supervisors to us.
The application deadline is January 6th, 2016.
What does working for Students For Liberty mean?
Students For Liberty (SFL) is a US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. Students For Liberty has grown rapidly across the globe in less than half a decade. Passionate volunteers supported by our worldwide staff have allowed SFL to constantly grow and expand while keeping the organizational structures as lean as possible.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL is similar to working at a startup. We pride ourselves on fast growth, hard work, quick advancement to a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, embracing entrepreneurship within the organization, and a passion for liberty.
In addition to the compensation, we are strongly dedicated to ensuring our staff have the ability to grow and reach their full potential. To this end, we invest in training and professional development opportunities.