Students For Liberty (SFL) is an international non-profit organization working to advance the ideas of liberty on college campuses around the world. Students For Liberty has grown rapidly across the globe in less than half a decade. Passionate volunteers supported by hard working and entrepreneurial staff have allowed SFL to constantly grow and expand while keeping the organizational structures as lean as possible.
The SFL team is passionate for liberty and shares SFL’s vision of social change and the importance of making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL is similar to working at a tech startup. We pride ourselves on fast growth, hard work, quick advancement to a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, embracing entrepreneurship within the organization, and a passion for the product: liberty.
Students For Liberty (SFL) is seeking to fill the position of Activism Associate. This is a full-time position based at SFL’s headquarters in Washington, DC which will work within SFL’s Leadership and Talent team and report to the department’s Leadership Manager.
SFL’s Activism Associate will support a number of major initiatives such as SFL’s Online Resource Store and SFL’s broader activism campaigns. This role will have a special focus on SFL’s North American Campus Coordinator (CC) Program that will require assisting the team with leadership identification, development, and oversight. The associate has the opportunity to contribute in a variety of areas and to be part of a team that supports the most talented group of libertarian student leaders in North America. The following are some key responsibilities:
- Quickly conceptualize and organize salient activism initiatives and complementary resources, supporting immediate student needs
- Work with SFL’s strategic partners to coordinate resource distribution, speaking tours, and other student-focused initiatives
- Implement training systems to help student leaders carry out various activism initiatives and respond quickly to inquiries
- Research and develop promotional strategies and train SFL leaders, increasing access and use of SFL resources
- Develop and maintain SFL’s Online Resource Store and coordinate with SFL’s resource distributor to ensure timely delivery of resources
- Establish comprehensive data systems to track effectiveness of each campaign, follow up with leaders to ensure proper use of resources
The ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and speaking, is necessary. A professional demeanor and the ability to handle deadlines and pressure calmly are necessary. The candidate must be self-directed, entrepreneurial and creative. Organizational skills and attention to detail are important. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in student organizing as well as a thorough understanding of libertarianism and related fields.