Because of the international size and broad scope of our operations, SFL is frequently featured in the media. We strive to maintain active relationships with media outlets for everything from news stories about our operations to opinion pieces by our leaders. If you are a journalist with questions about SFL or are seeking commentary from our leadership, please contact Communications Associate Alex McHugh at [email protected]
To encourage press coverage of SFL, media registration to all of our public events is free of charge. SFL throws 50+ Regional Conferences across the world every year as well as our keynote event, the International Students For Liberty Conference, which draws 1,700+ attendees annually. Below is a link to our upcoming events with instructions on how to apply for a press pass:
- International Students For Liberty Conference: Read the short paragraph for more details about media coverage at ISFLC, select “Apply for Media Pass,” and follow the form’s instructions.
As a result of the great media demand for political commentary from Millennials, SFL launched Young Voices in 2013 as our organization’s public relations wing. When incubating Young Voices, Students For Liberty worked from the beginning to make it a sustainable endeavor with its own branding and niche in the pro-liberty movement and, earlier this year, Young Voices became its own certified non-profit under the direction of Casey Given.
Young Voices maintains a network of 50+ libertarian pundits under the age of 35 who regularly comment on current events via op-eds, radio, and television. Check out Young Voices’ website for a comprehensive list of all of our Advocates and media hits. Contact YV Director Casey Given if you are interested in seeking an Advocates’ commentary at [email protected]. Finally, if you are an aspiring libertarian pundit under 35, apply to become an Advocate — applications are open year-round!
Top Media Hits of 2015-2016
While SFL’s media hits are almost too many to quantify, we tracked 1,077 in our 2015-16 Fiscal Year. The following is a list of what we consider to be our top ten over the past year. You’ll notice many of the top hits from this year were focused on the work of Estudantes Pela Liberdade (SFL in Brazil). You can read more about this region and the media attention it’s received of late in SFL’s most recent Annual Report.
- No Nanny: Students For Liberty Take To Parliament Hill On World No Tobacco Day
- Huffington Post, June 1, 2016
- Storming the Bastille for freedom
- Korea Times, May 30, 2016
- Meet the Andrew Breitbart of Brazil
- Foreign Policy, March 31, 2016
- How the Rio Olympics Could Cement a Brazilian Coup
- The Nation, March 21, 2016
- George Will: Brace Yourself for Donald Trump & the Authoritarian Moment
- Reason, March 16, 2016
- Stossel: What are libertarians doing wrong?
- Fox News, March 9, 2016
- Students for Liberty model catches on in Hong Kong
- Harbour Times, February 1, 2016
- Bernie Sanders is wrong on open borders: they’d help boost the economy
- Guardian, August 3, 2015
- Es gibt eine neue liberale Jugend in Deutschland (There is a new liberal youth in Germany)
- Die Welt, June 11, 2015