Students For Liberty’s success relies on its incredible team of students and alumni working together to advance the vision of a free academy and a free society. Check out the many individuals who help make Students For Liberty such a vibrant and active organization.
Executive Board & Board of Directors
Comprised entirely of students and recently alumni, Students For Liberty’s Board of Directors and Executive Board together have full authority over the organization and the direction it takes to support students dedicated to liberty.
Students For Liberty is a student-run organization. However, the organization has grown so rapidly in its first couple years, that we needed to hire a full time staff to manage the day to day operations.
Campus Coordinators Program
The SFL Campus Coordinators Program is a year-long program that offers leadership positions to high-quality, high-potential students in the United States and Canada to provide them with the resources, training, and inspiration to organize other pro-liberty students and student groups in their areas. Campus Coordinators (CCs) serve as a support resource for the students and student groups in their area throughout the school year.
European Students For Liberty
European Students For Liberty is the first major international development of Students For Liberty. ESFL exists to provide support for pro-liberty students and student groups in Europe and empower the next generation of leaders in the global liberty movement. European Students For Liberty has its own Executive Board of top student leaders which you can learn about here.
Global Charter Teams
New frontiers of international support: The SFL Charter Teams program seeks to build the student movement for liberty around the world by identifying, training, and supporting the strongest student leaders of liberty in areas currently underserved by SFL (i.e. outside the United States, Canada, and Europe). Learn more and get involved here.
Board of Advisors
Students For Liberty’s Board of Advisors is composed of non-students dedicated to SFL’s mission and provides recommendations and support from non-students with significant experience and dedication to the cause of liberty. Here are the current members of SFL’s Board of Advisors:
- Dr. Nigel Ashford, Institute for Humane Studies
- David Boaz, Cato Institute
- Dr. Tyler Cowen, George Mason University
- Matt Harrison, Prometheus Institute
- Dr. Alan Charles Kors, University of Pennsylvania
- Gary Johnson, Our America Initiative (former Governor of New Mexico)
- Dr. Jo Kwong, Philanthropy Roundtable
- Dr. James W. Lark, III, University of Virginia
- Dr. Tom Palmer, Atlas Economic Research Foundation
- Lawrence W. Reed, Foundation for Economic Education
- Dr. C. Bradley Thompson, Clemson University
- Professor Eugene Volokh, University of California, Los Angeles