When: Thursday, September 13, 2012
Where: St. Regis Hotel, 2 East 55th St., New York City
Why: Support the future leaders of liberty
Register: Bottom of this page
Flyer: Download the flyer here
Go all in for liberty by spending the evening with some of the most prominent movers and shakers of the liberty movement and top student activists who will be the future leaders of liberty. Proceeds from the event will support Students For Liberty (SFL), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting pro-liberty students around the world.
Particular thanks goes out to the Donald and Paula Smith Family Foundation, whose generous sponsorship of the evening allows every dollar of every donation we receive in the evening to go directly to Students For Liberty’s work.
The event attire is black tie optional.
- John Aglialoro (2004 US Poker Champion) & Joan Carter
- Cliff Asness
- Preston Bates
- Arthur Dantchik
- Bill & Rebecca Dunn
- Frayda & Ken Levy
- Gerry Ohrstrom
- John Ramsey
- Don Smith
- Jeff Yass
Non-monetary prizes will be awarded to the top performers at the tournament. We have already confirmed the following prizes for the 2012 SFL Charity Poker Tournament:
- “The John Stossel Package” - VIP tickets to a STOSSEL taping, a signed book, and photo op with the man himself
- Dinner with Jeff Yass, Co-Founder & Managing Director of Susquehanna International Group
- 2 tickets to the World Premiere of Atlas Shrugged: Part II
6:30pm – 7:30pm Reception Begins
7:30pm – 12:00am Tournament play
9:00pm – 12:00am Dessert buffet
The reception will begin at 6:30pm with the tournament beginning at 7:30. Food and drinks will be available throughout the evening, including a dessert buffet as the night goes on.
The SFL Charity Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em tournament. With your donation of $2,500 to SFL, you will receive one distribution of chips at the tournament. As the evening progresses, there will be an opportunity for each player to rebuy one additional time with another $2,500 donation to receive one more distribution of chips.
Thank you to the SFL Charity Poker Tournament’s sponsors for making this evening and the student movement for liberty possible:
Milton Friedman Level Sponsors
- Donald & Paula Smith Family Foundation
Ayn Rand Level Sponsors
- Balyasny Asset Management
- The Atlas Society
F.A. Hayek Level Sponsors
- Cato Institute
- Elena and Everardo Goyanes
There are many sponsorship and donation options for the 2012 SFL Charity Poker Tournament. Be sure to Register Here.
- $25,000 – Milton Friedman Sponsorship – Buy-In for 10 players, 5 rebuys, cocktails & dinner
- $20,000 – Ayn Rand Sponsorship – Buy-In for 8 players, 2 rebuys, cocktails & dinner
- $10,000 – F.A. Hayek Sponsorship – Buy-In for 4 players, 1 rebuy, cocktails & dinner
- $2,500 – Individual Player – Single seat buy-in, cocktails & dinner
- $250 – Individual Observer – Cocktails & dinner
If you are unable to attend the tournament, but want to support SFL’s work, please make a donation today. Any amount goes a long way in SFL’s work.
Photos from the 2011 SFL Charity Poker Tournament
A full album of last year’s Charity Poker Tournament is available here.
In addition to the 2011 SFL Charity Poker Tournament, SFL hosted a Student Poker Tournament in 2011 to make sure they didn’t miss out on the fun. Check out the album of the 2011 SFL Student Poker Tournament here.
To register for the tournament, please either log-in or sign-up for an SFL account below. Once you’re logged in, payment options will appear on this page.