Students For Liberty is pleased to announce the launch of the Speak Freely Advocate (SFA) Program.
The SFA program is a premier activist program designed for students looking to defend and promote free speech on their college campuses, and in their communities. SFL will be accepting 20 students from across North America to participate in this exclusive program. SFAs will take on Free Speech initiatives on campus from January through May of 2017 and will receive hands-on training and support from staff at SFL.
If free speech matters to you, and you are looking to make a difference, then we strongly encourage you to apply to the SFA program! Below are the qualifications, compensation, and obligations for students who are accepted into the SFA program:
Compensation: SFAs will be compensated with a $500 stipend upon completing the Speak Freely program.
To participate in the SFA program, you must…
- Be a current student with an exceptional record of pro-liberty activism
- Have prior experience in a leadership role with a pro-liberty organization
Expectations and Benefits:
- SFAs will have their travel and accommodation paid for by SFL to attend our International Students For Liberty Conference in Washington DC from February 17th-19th.
- SFAs will be required to participate in SFL’s Free Speech training at ISFLC.
- SFAs will have their travel and accommodation paid for by SFL to attend our exclusive spring Free Speech Summit (April 28th-30th, 2017).
- Attendance is required for participation in the program.
- SFAs will be required to complete SFL’s online free speech training course.
- SFAs will be required to host a minimum of two free speech on campus events with a total attendance of 100 students.
- SFAs will have up to $1000 to help promote and carry out those on campus events.
- SFAs will be expected to get four media hits during their completion of the Speak Freely program. (Media hits include published articles or media coverage of events. SFAs will work directly with SFL’s Media Associate to generate media attention.)
The deadline to apply is December 20th, so get your application in soon!