One of the highlights of the International Students For Liberty Conference is the Annual Awards Presentation. In 2009, Students For Liberty began to recognize outstanding students and student groups that have distinguished themselves in the battle for liberty on campus. That tradition has continued with the awards becoming more competitive every year as more and more students demonstrate their outstanding accomplishments for liberty. Award recipients are chosen based on their hard work, organizational skills, value creation, innovation, and entrepreneurship. You can find information on past winners here, here, and here.
This year, SFL will present awards for Student of the Year, Event of the Year, and Student Group of the Year. The awards will be presented at the International Conference on Friday, February 15th at the 2013 International Students For Liberty Conference.
This year’s finalists are:
Event of the Year
- Arizona State University Students For Liberty, Smoking Ban Protest
- Slippery Rock University Young Americans for Liberty,A Decade of War
- University of Ibadan – African Liberty Students Organization, A Letter from Jonathan Gullible
Group of the Year
- University of Belgrade Libertarian Club
- University of North Carolina Young Americans for Liberty
- Estudiantes por la Libertad Ecuador
- Michigan State University College Libertarians and Young Americans for Liberty
Student of the Year
- Baptiste Favrot
- Matthew LaCorte
- Noelle Mandell
You can find more information on all the finalists and vote for the winner below. You can vote once per day. The final decision will be made by a combination of the public vote and the SFL Executive Board vote. The final day of voting will be Wednesday, February 6.
Don’t miss out on your chance to vote for this year’s winners! Click here for information on all the finalists, and cast your vote while there’s still time!
Also, if you haven’t yet, be sure to register for the 2013 ISFLC! Registration closes this Saturday, February 9.