We’re excited to announce our upcoming webinar with Heather Lakemacher of the Institute for Humane Studies!
January 22nd- “Internships and Opportunities for Summer 2013” with Heather Lakemacher (8:00PM-9:00PM Eastern Time/2:00AM-3:00AM Central European Time)
- Register here: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/379826762
- Are you interested in learning about the opportunities for students to travel, learn, intern and network within the liberty movement this summer? Join Students For Liberty for a webinar with Heather Lakemacher to catch the inside scoop on which opportunities are available and tips for applying. Heather will be sharing:
- Why you should do an internship if you love liberty
- Stories about her own missteps and common mistakes she sees
- Advice on how to be both a great applicant and a great intern
- Specific internships you should apply for
- Heather Lakemacher joined the Institute for Humane Studies in March 2011 and is currently the Policy Programs Director. In this role, she directs the Koch Summer Fellow Program and other IHS programs for students and recent graduates who are interested in careers in public policy. Much of her time is spent reassuring students they haven’t ruined their life by picking the “wrong” major and exposing them to the wide variety of careers where they can use their talents to advance liberty.Prior to joining IHS, Heather participated in the Koch Associate Program and worked as a Senior Program Officer at the American Council of Trustees and Alumni. There she was responsible for researching, writing, and editing publications on higher education policy issues. Heather was born and raised in Illinois and graduated in 2009 from Shimer College in Chicago with a BA in Humanities, which is definitely the “wrong” major for hanging out with libertarian economists all the time!