African Students For Liberty announces the launch of the ASFL Open Online Local Coordinator Program (OOLCP).
The African Students For Liberty (ASFL) Local Coordinators Program is the premier program for actively advancing the ideas of free markets and individual liberty on college & campuses. ASFL Local Coordinators (LCs) are the face of liberty on their campuses. They are the muscle of the movement, empowering students in their areas to defend the ideas of liberty. This local program seeks to identify strong student leaders to spread the ideas of individual liberty, self-reliance and economic freedom by starting new student groups, organizing events to promote these ideas, resourcing student groups and identifying and mentoring other vibrant students.
These young individuals are dedicated to spreading the ideas of human dignity, individual and economic freedom, and the ability to pursue one’s happiness without coercion.
If you are a student in Africa, the ASFL Open Online Local Coordinator Program is an amazing opportunity for you to join the network of young people whose efforts are constantly changing the world. Also, students who could not complete the training program in the past for different reasons can access our training materials, complete the assigned tasks and eventually become part of our Leadership in their regions.
African Students For Liberty therefore provides a platform for African Students to generate and share ideas that will lead to a peaceful and liberated Africa. ASFL exists to provide support for pro-liberty students and student groups across the continent, by providing them with training and resources for the advancement of liberty in Africa.
Some of the Efforts Of Our Local Coordinators:
- November 2014, ASFL Leaders at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria hosted Nigerian Leadership Forum of more than 50 student leaders from more than 6 Colleges.
- In July 2014, African Students For Liberty (ASFL) hosted the first ever African Students For Liberty Conference at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria, and recorded 1,180
- In 2015, ASFL also hosted Southern and Eastern Africa Regional Conferences in Malawi, and Kenya and had 1,276 Attendees at these conferences.
- The year 2015 also witnessed several Leadership Fora and Tabling events held at various campuses across the continent. Examples are; February2015 Liberty Forum at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife Nigeria with 117 registered students, and also a Tabling event at Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Nigeria.
- December 2015, , hundreds of students gathered at the expansive auditorium of Ajayi Crowther University, Nigeria for the second annual Liberty Debate organized by the ASFL Campus group led by LC Adedayo Adetayo. The event was tagged: Acquiring Entrepreneurial Skills: The Way Forward to Solve Unemployment among Graduates and Youths in Nigeria
- January 2016, ASFL group in Burundi led by LC Aimable Manirakiza hosted the first ever Liberty Lecture at the University of Bujumbura Light Campus, Kinindo with 127 attendees.
- On February 6, 2016 at the Federal University of Technology, Akure, LC Adeola Bamgboye, organized the first ever Liberty & Entrepreneurship Workshop that registered over 50 students.
- January 2016, the ASFL group at the University of Abuja, Nigeria also held a Tabling Event that signed up more than 50 students.
We seek to change the world by expanding the number of people who support the cause of liberty, developing more leaders to be effective advocates of liberty, and empowering them to act to bring about a freer future, a world with economic, social and intellectual freedom for all people.
There are no applications to the ASFL Open Online Local Coordinators Program (OOLCP). The OOLCP is open and free, and participants will go through a rigorous training process on a range of topics, including leadership, communication, social change, new and old media, student organizing, activism, organizing events, and others.
To get started, please email Chukwuemeka Ezeugo at email@example.com as soon as possible.